YOUR BAND ON TV! (1 Viewer)

brian/heathons said:
What about STANDBY cos then we not only on but off aswell.|..|

Bagsies being the guitarist
Excellent!

I asked the giutarist once if he thought it was ironic (i was too drunk to pronounce moronic) that he had a full forearm tattoo of Marilyn Manson with a straight edge XXX on the wrist of that arm. He kinda looked at me for a minute and said "But manson's a legend". Bless.

Ben Richards said:
in fifth class my mate got booted out of the class for saying "Bhi Bruce Willis ag marciocht Goldie Hawn" in a review of "Death Becomes Her" as Gaeilge.

ahh the Celtic tongue

Sure no wonder, can't be having young lads mangling the language by leaving out the second a in marcaiocht.

fergus w said:
if you are serious and you think youre band would look good on tv- email or call me.

well i fit many of the above categories,
1.competent Irish (well i got a b in the leavin years ago, i presume i could string a sentence or two together now..ta me...no wait bhi me...no wait I can do this.)
2.i'm serious (I never even laugh at jokes or humorous instances with whoopee cushions...or humorous films with Whoopi Goldberg) but i think the last one rules me out. the camera, they say, adds ten pounds. I'm not sure my band can take that risk. we would all be in bullimic rehab before you can say Lena Zavaroni.

ratmonkey said:
Sure no wonder, can't be having young lads mangling the language by leaving out the second a in marcaiocht.

Do you actually realise how long i sat staring at the screen type and re-typing in a vain attempt at spelling that word. well i tell you it was a long time. dont take that away from me :)

my band was on tv before ... but they forgot to tell me and wore t-shirts with a red x through my face:

xdude.bmp

apparently i had slept with all their sisters.... small f**cken towns

eoinbox said:
i know i keep saying it, but its days like this i miss the master of the universe. i saw him on the street d'udder day and started laughing at his hedge-like sideburns, so he ambled over and asked did i play in a band. after all these years....perseverence really is the key.

saw him the other day on georges street. he knew my name and asked if he could take a picture of me with his new digital camera. i said no.

''saw him the other day on georges street. he knew my name and asked if he could take a picture of me with his new digital camera. i said no.''

still got his ''im on the ball'' baseball cap?....now that was amazing.

Thanks for all the replies guys, lookin forward to hearing your stuff!

Let any other bands who fit the bill know too, we dont want to miss anyone!

Cheers,

Fergus Wright

We are going to be at the VOODOO LOUNGE on 10th MAY to record for the program, if any bands want to apply to be on the program we will be pleased to meet you in person.

The application takes the form of your most recent recorded work along with a full biog of your band.

Alternatively send it to me at

20 St.Ives Gardens
Stranmillis
Belfast
BT9 5DN
NI

thank you

Fergus Wright

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back