you are the generation that bought more shoes and you get what you deserve... (1 Viewer)

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
kvt.red
...is the name of a song by a band called johnny boy.

i've only just heard it for the first time, but i think they were/are a hyped-up n.m.e.-type band from about a year ago. anyone care to enlighten me?

anyway, what a fantastic song. in one way, i'm worried to try and find out anything else about this band because i'll probably end up not liking them, but at the moment i'm just revelling in the whole spectorian whoosh of it.

[
_1173911_wideap300.jpg

During her time as first lady, Mrs Marcos was famed for travelling the world to buy new shoes at a time when millions of Filipinos were living in extreme poverty.

amazing song! that song was single of the week / year from loads of magazines and websites but they weren't really that hyped. anyway they promised an album for ages and it's finally been released...in Sweden. they do infrequent live shows.
dare you listen to any more and risk disappointment?
bonnie parkers 115th dream
'fifteen minutes' and 'johnny boy theme' are other songs that are available online with a bit of searching.

ilovehoovering said:
amazing song! that song was single of the week / year from loads of magazines and websites but they weren't really that hyped. anyway they promised an album for ages and it's finally been released...in Sweden. they do infrequent live shows.
dare you listen to any more and risk disappointment?
bonnie parkers 115th dream
'fifteen minutes' and 'johnny boy theme' are other songs that are available online with a bit of searching.
well now... that's pretty strange. not what i expected.

generation is still amazing though (subtle, eh?).

it even has fireworks noises in it.

i'm sorry, i'd just like to point out how utterly CRAP the title of this song is. i mean, the grammar alone is horrible. bought more shoes than WHAT?!?!

Spectortastic would be the word. It's an amazing single. Still easy enough to find on ebay. Although the 7" might be that little more scarce.

A friend managed to get a copy of the album. It's on the net somewhere. Maybe ILXOR or somewhere like that.

.|..| "YEAH, YEAH" .|..|

The album is good enough, in a sub-Raveonettes kind of way. 'You are the generation...' is easily the best thing off it though, probably not worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back