You Am I playing Whelans on Paddys Day (1 Viewer)

EMC Promotions presents: You Am I

One of Australia’s finest music acts makes a return visit to Dublin for a special St. Patricks Day show at Whelan’s.

Formed by Tim Rogers in Sydney in 1989, You Am I have gone on to record eight studio albums. They became the first Australian act to to have three albums successively debut at #1 on the Australian charts, and have collected over a dozen ARIA awards. Songs such as Berlin Chair, Heavy Heart and Purple Sneakers have become Australian anthems.

Their success however has not just been confined to their homeland. Acts such as The Lemonheads, Oasis, and The Strokes and Soundgarden have cited You Am I as musical influences. They were also personally chosen to tour with The Who and The Rolling Stones on their respective Australian tours in 2004.

In September 2008 the band released their eighth studio album Dilettantes. The album debuted at number one in Australia and was followed up with a sellout tour of Australia. The Whelan’s show will showcase songs from Dilettantes as well as the bands extensive back catalogue.

Renowned for their energy filled live shows and sometimes ridiculous stage banter this is one show not to be missed.

You Am I with special guests The Minutes.
Whelan’s, Wexford St, March 17 2009, 7.30pm
Tickets €15 plus Booking available from www.ticketmaster.ie and WAV Box Office Camden Row - 1890 200078

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back