Ye Olde Talkey at Gigs Thread (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Folk Implosion the other night... couple of things.

Bunch of Nordie PRICKS yapping away, UP THE FRONT. Why couldn't they just go to the bar to discuss how they "only like the first sebadoh album". Then I noticed it was that asshole from the revs. Says it all.

People sushing... I'm usually ok with it but I thought people were sushed it the wrong time. The crowd started singing along and it was really cool, only to be sushed! You "sush" pricks not people enjoying it.

Folk Implosion were brilliant.

There's pricks everywhere. You can't escape 'em, the fuckers.

Now, if everyone was busy busting each other's heads in up the front like they used to be, there'd be none of that shushing shite.!ironyyy

On the subject, same thing at AMT th'other night - two girls standing beside me shiting on and on at the top of their little puffs... various topics covered included their exams, their undone essays, nail files... Then they stared at the stage for a while until one of them announced "its not what I thought it would be is it?" and thus both began complaing loudly about how it wasn't what they etc etc...

I did my bit for the chin stroking aaaaartist in me by shooting them a dirty look, then gave in and moved.

*sigh* Does that mean they won?

Originally posted by Anthony
Bunch of Nordie PRICKS yapping away, UP THE FRONT. Why couldn't they just go to the bar to discuss how they "only like the first sebadoh album". Then I noticed it was that asshole from the revs. Says it all.

that hurts, that really hurts anto.

Originally posted by Milk Girl
On the subject, same thing at AMT th'other night - two girls standing beside me shiting on and on at the top of their little puffs... various topics covered included their exams, their undone essays, nail files... Then they stared at the stage for a while until one of them announced "its not what I thought it would be is it?" and thus both began complaing loudly about how it wasn't what they etc etc...

I did my bit for the chin stroking aaaaartist in me by shooting them a dirty look, then gave in and moved.

*sigh* Does that mean they won?

those two fuckin' bints from the chalets no doubt, peepee and pony. pricks....

I remember being at a Hada to Hada gig once where the singer shushed the crowd. It was very uncool (both the gig and the shushing - hey, I was young and impressionable back then).

I think shushing can be nice at a gig. It makes a whistley windy sound that carries over the audience and adds to the ambience of the gig. Maybe shushing along to the music, as opposed to singing along would be a good compromise. Eventually the band could stop playing and everyone would be dead quiet and happy.

Darting venomous stares are cool too. Gives the evening a bit of an edge. Enough of this huggy-huggy-nice-let's-talk-about-girly-stuff shit, everyone should just wince at each other and go "shush!". Could affect getting jiggy, so it probably won't catch on.

And it's so cool to be a prick nowadays on thumped. Everyone wants to be a prick. And everyone's sucking up to the pricks too and calling the pricks fuckers. I think it's getting out of hand. We need to keep the pricks tightly clenched and not let the whole thing get too messy.

i know a guy who was playing who told the audience he would kill the lot of them if they didn't shut the fuck up and listen, although he was playing acousticly and the talkin was kinda bad ye dont win fans by tellin them your gonna kill them, although on the other hadn people were shocked into silence

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back