Yamaha Mg 10/2... any opinions? (2 Viewers)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
mg10-2_face_avant.jpg

???

A mate of mine who plays with laptops and keyboards and drum machines and things has one.

It's blue and shiney and seems very good. The sound seems good, no distortion if there's lots of signals going into it, compared to a behringer mixer the another mate has.

The mic stand attachment looks really cool.

It also has a brilliant power connector, ideal for playing live. It's a kind of coax thing which screws onto the mixer. Really clever.

yeah i've a behringer and it aint so hot. does the trick like but you can hear it dulls the sound immediatley.
ook said:
A mate of mine who plays with laptops and keyboards and drum machines and things has one.

It's blue and shiney and seems very good. The sound seems good, no distortion if there's lots of signals going into it, compared to a behringer mixer the another mate has.

The mic stand attachment looks really cool.

It also has a brilliant power connector, ideal for playing live. It's a kind of coax thing which screws onto the mixer. Really clever.

FancyGoods said:
yeah i've a behringer and it aint so hot. does the trick like but you can hear it dulls the sound immediatley.

Well my fancy friend, that bad ass piece of mixer up there is only ONE HUNDERED AND NINETEEN of your stinking earth euros... once I build up the courage to slap down the big bucks, I'm gonna be jammin' my Post-AOR-Core breakbeat freak out shit thru the muttha so hard the neighbours are gonna be ringing Martha Stewarts parole officer for words of mercy.

OLD SKOOL!!

Pantone247 said:
I GOT IT!!!

IT'S A BEAST!!
Might photocopy the instruction manual off you at some stage...picked it up in Asia for a small sum too, on your very motherfucking recommendation, right here on thumped. Ola.

Got to use it once, before heading off again. Coupled with a Yamaha 4-track, the possibilities were more...uh...pronounced than before. Ola. Back to it soon.

TheDonnasTurn21 said:
Might photocopy the instruction manual off you at some stage...picked it up in Asia for a small sum too, on your very motherfucking recommendation, right here on thumped. Ola.

Got to use it once, before heading off again. Coupled with a Yamaha 4-track, the possibilities were more...uh...pronounced than before. Ola. Back to it soon.

people handing over cash based on my recomendation!!

what has the world come too...

The manual is actually really good. Explains the whole sound noise/ratio thing and why it's important to pay attention to your gain and stuff. They have all these tips on mixing that are sort of, eh, cute i guess... it shows a drawing of lots of instruments pilled on top each other with a grey fuzz around them, and then one that's all clear and lined up with no fuzz, to demonstrate proper use of EQ and panning.

:eek: :)

It also has lots of nice "but that's only accepted wisdom, find your own way to get new and exciting sounds!!!" stuff too

Pantone247 said:
I've been thinking about getting a mixer for a while now. I would mainly need it for my yamaha aw4416, where I would record 7 channels of drums then use a mixer like the one above that would have a sub mix of the rest of the band into the last channel for the guide track. Used to just use a guide guitar track but that can be a bad idea especially if there is bass on its own etc. This looks ideal for that. 109yoyos on thomann.

what would be a good quality mixer that has seperate outputs for each channel?

Hey Fancy, what model behringer mixer do you have and how much did you pay for it?

thanks

richard

schmegeggin said:
I've been thinking about getting a mixer for a while now. I would mainly need it for my yamaha aw4416, where I would record 7 channels of drums then use a mixer like the one above that would have a sub mix of the rest of the band into the last channel for the guide track. Used to just use a guide guitar track but that can be a bad idea especially if there is bass on its own etc. This looks ideal for that. 109yoyos on thomann.

what would be a good quality mixer that has seperate outputs for each channel?

Hey Fancy, what model behringer mixer do you have and how much did you pay for it?

thanks

richard

Don't buy Behringer mixers. Waste of money.

Get a secondhand Spirit SX.
8 mono channels - each has a direct out.
4 stereo channels
Mono channels have three band parametric eq.

Should be able to pick one up for €300 second hand. Nice and small too.

Failing that look out for an Allen & Heath Mix Wizard 14 or 16. Better desk than the spirit but about €400 second hand.

Keep and eye on buy and sell. These desks come up all the time.

i got one recently and i dont know much about this stuff but it seems good. I think you can get the manual on the Yamaha site. HTeres a Yamaha shop on Aungier St. so maybe you could get it their either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back