WTO Sixth Ministerial: tales from Hong Kong (1 Viewer)

"Protesters led by South Korean farmers - among the most heavily subsidised in the world" I just read, was wondering why they were in the protest in the 1stplace tbh but I enjoy the anti government marches so I got carried away by the pics

Well as much as I am anti government etc I also happen to think farmers in France here and er South Korea now are subsidised too much

Lala what exactly are you protesting about?
Soz for noob question but..........

JANER said:
Well as much as I am anti government etc I also happen to think farmers in France here and er South Korea now are subsidised too much

Do you know how much subsidies they get? Are you just an idiot janer?

capt.sel10412171114.south_korea_farmer_protest_sel104.jpg

farmers in africa don't get subsidies?
Nice one, pulling ideas out of your ass.

"Protesters led by South Korean farmers - among the most heavily subsidised in the world - had vowed to step up action against the world trading system"

Compared to the subsidies the South Koreans and French get.....and leave my bum out of this.

describe for me the subsidies received by sout korean farmers relative to an average african, who are they getting them from? the wto? the wef? the farmers internationale?

Why do you like the pictures of people attacking power until you find out that they're doing it for a reason? Surely a farmer trying to shut down the WTO is as good as any other person shutting down the wto?

I'm hungover, thumped party tonight!

For starters it's an umberalla of groups protesting at the WTO and it's not just about the SK farmers.
Originally I just asked a question, I am not an anarchist mastermind supreme being like you, but I am willing to learn from you :eek:

come to a party sometime, i'll shout at you in the kitchen.

JANER said:
Lala what exactly are you protesting about?
Soz for noob question but..........

........to show my support for the farmers and peasants who stand to lose out from whatever decisions (or lack thereof) are made at WTO that affect their livelihoods. :):D

as it stands, 800 koreans are currently sitting it out in jail. 108 (i think) have been released so far.

more as and when.
merry christmas from HK

tears.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back