WTO Sixth Ministerial: tales from Hong Kong (3 Viewers)

La La said:
hahaha you can tell oly from me if his da wants to leave his plush home in opluent suburbia and come back to this polluted nutshell of a city, he should!
;) !cheezy :heart: .|..|

i heard him and his da were going splits on buying hong kong and giving it back to the brits. oly is half prod you know.

Shine said:
great pics thanks la la. i wonder how much about it will seep back here except on indymedia... are you or any of your mates going to post anything on indymedia ireland? maybe with a little background or links esp about the koreans?

i know what you mean; there's been some splash courtesy of reuters and AP however you can never tell with these things.
it's worth mentioning that the Koreans are willing to use suicide as a method of protest here and i sincerely hope they dont. however sadly i reckon that would be the only thing that would give it better coverage which is pretty crass when you think about it. after all, media love the morbid stuff....

i will keep these pictures and when i get a chance to write some yarn for indimedia i will asap. (incidentally i'm working late tonight to make up for running out of work today to go and protest ;) )

Cool pics! Everytime I see something about the WTO on TV or Teletext I think "LaLa"

Its weird seeing a protest like this here without a black bloc dominating

Ciaran Mackle said:
Cool pics! Everytime I see something about the WTO on TV or Teletext I think "LaLa"

awwwwww you little cutie

it's true, i agree - no black bloc....it's just not that kind of gathering. the asians and peasant workers are still quite militant and 100% direct action. the koreans are the most organised group there; they've got all their tactics figured out and polished. they know what they're doing and they'll stop at nothing i don't think. and they're all like as old as yer grandad!
amazing day, it's now 12:17am here and im gonna leave work cos im fucking knackered.
hopefully i'll have more pics for you all tomorrow. nighty night etc
:)

Ciaran Mackle said:

i think its deadly....shows ya the people are standing up....not just the punx.
it also gives the whole thing a more human face in my eyes at least......but others will disagree. but sure such is life!

Dylan said:
Black is out.......

...........and shivering and dancing around in sopping wet undies is in :D
these guys are dudes. crazy, but total dudes. .|..|

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

r2918904893.jpg

r4182925354.jpg

I imagine the Koreans will break out the 8foot poles and molotovs before the week is out, these chaps are considerably more militant than any of the boojy black blocs you're likely to find at summit protests these days.

capt.sel10912080948.south_korea_strike_sel109.jpg

capt.sel10912041022.south_korea_protest_sel109.jpg

They can even stop water cannon.

just a quick footnote, a lot of these militant farmers are maoist.

haven't been down there today yet; gonna head off soon. so far there's been shiteloads of pepper spray, and skirmishes between cops and koreans. nothing more to report as yet; been on the TV all day though :)

weeler said:
but still, it's nice to see them.. isn't it?

why of course; they sing, dance, burn coffins and fuck them at the pigs. whats not to like?:p

hahaha plus they're very smiley when they're not getting pepper sprayed. they do these mad chants. and let me tell you, until you've heard some few thousand korean farmers with their fists in the air chanting in korean.....ah yeah; it sounds amazing.:) .|..| :heart: !ninjaaaa

quick update: and this is hilarious :)

after all the clashes between koreans and police today (during which the koreans managed to seize about 15 riot shields) they neatly placed them back in front of the police line once they were finished. along with all the displaced items (bandanas, masks, water bottles) that had been left behind by the throngs of protesters.
and left it all in a neat little pile. haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back