WTF!!electric picnic bus tickets "sold out" (1 Viewer)

the departed

can anyone confirm this for me?
i heard someone say they had sold out.
how the fuck would that work?
im fortunate enough to have a lift but my girlfriend and countless others havent a bus ticket.

whats the story??

its true

looks like a lotta people are gonna be getting the train.

or hitching....

hitcher.jpg

yeah i heard they're sold out alright

its total bullshit.

why couldnt they not do it like oxegen or marlay park where you could just turn up for the bus.

why did i have the bowl bart, why did i have the bowl......

but surely theres thousands of people who were going to do this.
like pandemonium shall ensue.
(insert picture gottten from typing pandemonium into google image. too lazy to do it right now)
so any lifts?

but surely theres thousands of people who were going to do this.
like pandemonium shall ensue.
(insert picture gottten from typing pandemonium into google image. too lazy to do it right now)
so any lifts?

along with the crappy forecasted weather and lacklustre line-up including lack of festival superstar DJ (ahem vitalic) i'm having my doubts.

wait a minute......

fear_and_loathing_in_las_vegas.jpg

oh yeah :)

yeah i heard they're sold out alright

its total bullshit.

why couldnt they not do it like oxegen or marlay park where you could just turn up for the bus.
Hmmmm, service for which tickets were being sold in sells-out-the-day-before *shocker*. Stradbally is 60 odd miles from the pale, imagine how many buses they'd have to rent to cater for an all day walk up crowd? Its a smaller gig don't forget, you can't expect them to cater for everyone who's too lazy/dumb not to buy tickets for the bus. Seeing as the festival sold out weeks ago, it's not that much of a stretch to imagine the buses will sell out too.

Hmmmm, service for which tickets were being sold in sells-out-the-day-before *shocker*. Stradbally is 60 odd miles from the pale, imagine how many buses they'd have to rent to cater for an all day walk up crowd? Its a smaller gig don't forget, you can't expect them to cater for everyone who's too lazy/dumb not to buy tickets for the bus. Seeing as the festival sold out weeks ago, it's not that much of a stretch to imagine the buses will sell out too.

Things is why dont they not use a stream of supply buses that go back and forth bringing people to and from the festival rather than a fixed number of spaces? It doesnt really give people any option especially since they are probably charging 20 euro a bus ticket or something mental anyway.

anyway i dont care as i have me a spin down with one evil bandit.

Friends of ours just got the normal bus service down to stradbally. They said it was cheaper and virtually no one was using it. I even think the aircoach to Cork from Dublin goes though the local town, then get a cab from there.

Sorry I can't be more specific cos I drove. 'dif'frent strokes' would have more info.

yeah, it sold out last year too and i only found out on the morning i was meant to travel. however, getting a bus to athlone or portlaoise and then getting one of the local buses going to the festival worked out ok. probably cheaper and only marginally more awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back