Would this annoy you? (2 Viewers)

Right... there's this girl I live with who wakes up every night and demands to be cuddled. And sometimes even when you do cuddle her, she demands to get in to bed with my girlfriend!

I mean it's getting ridiculous. What should I do?

Jaysus, €300? How much is a reasonable amount to pay for electricity? Our bill is usually about €240, which covers cooking, storage heating and water. Our water timer is shit, so we can only lash on the heat ALL NIGHT, or shove it on boost. The storage heating is so shit, I cant even figure out how it works so it's cold most of the time, even though they're hot. They seem to get real hot at about 4am.

And these bills is what's coming in AFTER we kicked out a flatmate who did the same thing with the heating. We got to the point where we sat down and worked out by the watt-hour exactly what she owed us. Didn't work, the bitch.

She doesn't have blankets?!?!? That's utterly bizarre. Utterly.

I left some pitta breads on the counter on Friday by accident and when I got home last night they were gone...i had a sneaky look around the kitchen and found them half gone in one of my housemate's cupboards.

I was in Dublin, I didn't DIE ffs. Why take my food?!?!

I stuck one of those high efficiency gas combi boilers in my house last year - average bill at the mo for gas (which does the heating, all the hot water and a five burner hob) is 17 quid a month.

Pretty pleased I didn't get oil now..

The storage heating is so shit, I cant even figure out how it works so it's cold most of the time, even though they're hot. They seem to get real hot at about 4am.

After YEARS of living with storage heaters, this is the first year that I have managed to use them successfully to heat the apartment when I want it heated, and not at 4am. Make sure that you turn the output knob completely off every night before going to bed. Otherwise none of that cheap night time heat is actuially being stored. Then, when you want the heat to be released (usually the following evening), lash on the output. This is probably well known by everybody, but I have never lived in a place that actually had instructions for using them.

Aye, I've started doing this. One heater is broken for sure, so I've the input down, and up to max on the other one, and turn the output down on the other two every night. Weird thing is, there's also 'thermostats', one for the sitting room, and a master, neither of which seem to do anything. Then there's the problem of the amount of cash we spend on heating the water. Fuxache.

Seriously, though, how much is a reasonable average ESB bill for heating, water and cooking?

Aye, I've started doing this. One heater is broken for sure, so I've the input down, and up to max on the other one, and turn the output down on the other two every night. Weird thing is, there's also 'thermostats', one for the sitting room, and a master, neither of which seem to do anything. Then there's the problem of the amount of cash we spend on heating the water. Fuxache.

Seriously, though, how much is a reasonable average ESB bill for heating, water and cooking?

For what size place? I've a one bedroom apartment, only had heating on in the sitting room, (only the storage heater and with the thermostat set to economy - so it just about took the chill off the room), usual cooking etc. Last bill was over €195.

OK, it's a 2 bed apartment, didn't have the heating on until December. The door in the sitting room doesnt close properly, which probably kills the heat loads. The bills are usually around €240. The heaters are only in the sitting room and small hallway. I'm convinced the thermostat does nothing.

sweeetoblivion said:
I left some pitta breads on the counter on Friday by accident and when I got home last night they were gone...i had a sneaky look around the kitchen and found them half gone in one of my housemate's cupboards.

Because they were hungry and ate some and then thought it would be better to replace them all as if they had never eaten any than to leave them half eaten there.

But, to be fair, I think that is fairly reasonable behaviour for housesharing.

Because they were hungry and ate some and then thought it would be better to replace them all as if they had never eaten any than to leave them half eaten there.

But, to be fair, I think that is fairly reasonable behaviour for housesharing.

Housesharing with strangers sucks. At least with friends you can tell them off for taking your stuff or even better take their stuff.

She doesn't have blankets?!?!? That's utterly bizarre. Utterly.

I used to get really uppity about this stuff, but I’m alright now. I chilled out.

Also, far too many times I came home locked and then drank all the alcohol in the house. So, I had no more moral high ground.

It’s good to come to an understanding about food and consumables, whatever understanding that might be. IMO it’s much better to share than to have to throw food out because the person who bought it wasn’t round to eat it, and that when someone does eat your food, at least you're mentally prepared for it.

yeah that stuff is unacceptable. you just gotta be up front about it and say it has to stop or she has to pay. if you're not good at confrontation, maybe get a hammer and smash her to bits in the night. if you're not good at violence, wear a mask - it'll help empower your dark side. ok, no problem. any time. gimme a shout on my cell if you need any more advice. ok.

Housesharing with strangers sucks. At least with friends you can tell them off for taking your stuff or even better take their stuff.

Also, arguments are alot easier to sort out because you have an existing relationship with the person

I used to get really uppity about this stuff, but I’m alright now. I chilled out.

Also, far too many times I came home locked and then drank all the alcohol in the house. So, I had no more moral high ground.

It’s good to come to an understanding about food and consumables, whatever understanding that might be. IMO it’s much better to share than to have to throw food out because the person who bought it wasn’t round to eat it, and that when someone does eat your food, at least you're mentally prepared for it.

It's just weird cos we all have our own food and our own cupboards and I'd never take food belonging to someone else :( And I only had one pitta bread, grr!

Edit: and I know he won't replace them, I just know it.

It's just weird cos we all have our own food and our own cupboards and I'd never take food belonging to someone else :( And I only had one pitta bread, grr!

That'll teach you to leave stuff lying around making a mess of the place instead of putting it in your cupboard... ;)

Ah, it's bad that he took the stuff.

Ah in that case you are well within your rights to get annoyed, I dont mind people taking my stuff when I have plenty but when I dont it drives me nuts. If you are getting up to make a sandwich for work or whatever it is annoying when there is no bread, cheese whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back