World Fitness Level (1 Viewer)

54 is exactly what my watch says and all

View attachment 17872
I don't doubt yer extremely fit but ..

I am 48, 181 cm tall and weigh about
13 stone (82 kg).
They just told me I have the fitness of a 37 year old!!!!

In reality I might be very slightly fitter than most folks my age - at best.

They didn't ask about diet.
They only gave over or under 30 mins daily exercise as options.
2 or 3 days exercise / nearly every day (about 4 walks per week for me this year isn't really covered).
The made a ridiculous estimate that max heartbeat was 182!!!! More like 160+ I'd guess.

I am stuck around 13 stone give or take a pound or two for the last few months.
Need to make sure I have less days where I am lazy and eat too much carbs plus eat a bit less.
Walked 17 miles on Monday and Tuesday so that is going well.
176 walks and over 1000 miles this year is OK. Usually like to do well over 200 walks plus per year and 1200+ miles.

I don't doubt yer extremely fit but ..

I am 48, 181 cm tall and weigh about
13 stone (82 kg).
They just told me I have the fitness of a 37 year old!!!!

In reality I might be very slightly fitter than most folks my age - at best.

They didn't ask about diet.
They only gave over or under 30 mins daily exercise as options.
2 or 3 days exercise / nearly every day (about 4 walks per week for me this year isn't really covered).
The made a ridiculous estimate that max heartbeat was 182!!!! More like 160+ I'd guess.

I am stuck around 13 stone give or take a pound or two for the last few months.
Need to make sure I have less days where I am lazy and eat too much carbs plus eat a bit less.
Walked 17 miles on Monday and Tuesday so that is going well.
176 walks and over 1000 miles this year is OK. Usually like to do well over 200 walks plus per year and 1200+ miles.
I am just curious how they arrive at such a conclusion with so little data, but that it still matches my watch

Do they figure V02 max just off your resting heart rate and max heart rate?
Like I didn't tell them a whole lot of info.

I'm at 199lbs, which is about 5-10 heavier than I like to be be. The culprits are butter and chocolate.
Ideally would like to be below 190

Your max heart rate they just calculate from yr age, right? Unless you've had yours measured

I think anyone with a fitness watch that has pushed themselves, has this info to hand

It's your average heart rate for the last two miles of a 5k where you are really going for it, at full pelt like.
As near as makes no difference to what a lab would tell you. Mine is 168.

Your Apple watch will do it.

Last edited:
168 seems a bit low? Not for a regular person, but you make the effort fitness wise.

I once hit 217 when I was about 22. Haven't pushed myself like that in years though, I think I put in 160 on the site, which I think I could manage.

Preceding the divorce, when I was working for a psychopath and lockdown etc., my "resting" heart rate (lol) was about 120.

168 seems a bit low? Not for a regular person, but you make the effort fitness wise.

I once hit 217 when I was about 22. Haven't pushed myself like that in years though, I think I put in 160 on the site, which I think I could manage.

Preceding the divorce, when I was working for a psychopath and lockdown etc., my "resting" heart rate (lol) was about 120.
HR gets lower with age, and with increased fitness afaik

I've been tested for Bradycardia so I could run some races
Thankfully all is good

The V02 Max thing is supposed to be a very good indicator of longevity, so I am very interested in it

I'm going on the calculation that maximum heart rate for a regular person is 227 minus your age, which I read somewhere. Though my numbers might be well wrong.

Fitter people would have a higher max regardless of age with that measurement. And of course that has nothing to do with ones heart rate in general.

There's a bunch of stuff on this in the cycling thread, flashback is your man on that one, the madser.

fun fact: the average run of the mill husky dog, when measuring by VO2 max or VO2max/weight, is about four times fitter than the fittest humans ever measured.

Haven't weighed myself in years so I guessed. Says I'm athletically 33, I'm 10 years older than that.

Aside from all my aches and pains and all the wear and tear I'm in pretty good nick for 43, with the aim to get into good nick full stop.

I'm going on the calculation that maximum heart rate for a regular person is 227 minus your age, which I read somewhere. Though my numbers might be well wrong.
I think it's 220

Which would have me at 167
Which is pretty much bang on with the watch

Mad stuff

I walk to work every day.

I'll be grand. Just keep it light on the drink and no worries.

Everyone is on the jar though. You can't organise an arse-scratching without people wanting to booze at it.

Just reading this and thinking about how much cutting alcohol out of my diet has changed absolutely everything
When you're inside that world, you can't see another way of living

Probably pretty common for men my age though
Cut the booze out and take up 'healthy' pursuits

I've got the fitness level of "a freshly jizzed sperm, hopped off its head on EPO, flailing about on the way to a ripe egg."

So, I reckon I'm fine.

Sorry, I obviously had no idea what max heartbeat is!

Highest I ever managed was less than 160. My resting heartbeat was about 64 a few years back, i.e. I have no sports pedigree whatsoever.
I thought that resting 30-35 and max 190+ for an elite cyclist were the most extreme parameters at either end.
No idea it could go well over 200 BPM.

I suppose elite athletes have huge hearts so 190 BPM odd serves them well?

Sorry, I obviously had no idea what max heartbeat is!

Highest I ever managed was less than 160. My resting heartbeat was about 64 a few years back, i.e. I have no sports pedigree whatsoever.
I thought that resting 30-35 and max 190+ for an elite cyclist were the most extreme parameters at either end.
No idea it could go well over 200 BPM.

I suppose elite athletes have huge hearts so 190 BPM odd serves them well?

64 is a good number, don't get up too fast.

Well, you could be a very unhealthy but stubborn person and hit 190bpm while climbing the stairs. You'd probably die though.

I'm talking max heart rate. Your regular pulse/BPM are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back