World Cup haircut watch (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
Good: Loco, of Angola
209201.jpg

Bad: Kenny Cunningham of RTE - and slow down with the eyebrows there Kenny, it gives you the demeanour of a kiddy fiddler.

One of the few things I can remember from the later parts of being in the pub on Friday is me boring everyone to tears about Kenny's hair. Where is his dignity?? Kenny, you're a very bald man, for the love of god shave it off.

pavel nedved's blonde barnet is quite a sight to behold, like a cross between a crash helmet and a trampoline. if you dropped him on his head, this czech would bounce.

1545650948.jpg

i notice kewell and totti have haircuts...
and do youse reckon *all* footballers get themselves waxed? there's no hair even on their legs anymore.
except the serbians. and iranians.

Hector Grey said:
and do youse reckon *all* footballers get themselves waxed? there's no hair even on their legs anymore.

The coverage of the Italian team over here is hilarious. There was a photo for a monthly sports magazine of Pirlo, Cannavaro and Gattuso in the changing rooms wearing only their jocks, tanned, oiled and completely hairless smouldering towards the camera. I tried explaining to my (Italian) flatmate how it was the most homoerotic photo in the history of football but he didn't agree as vanity and football here are pretty synonomous. Also, I went to get my haircut today, the barber asked me how I wanted my hair. "Short" I replied and he asked me "like Totti's new haircut?" Amazing! Like when I went to see the Ireland vs Australia match three days after Ronaldo's Man U debut and there was already a young lad with the jersey and the same haircut!

Check out how different languages describe the mullet, very interesting. I particularly like the el corte MacGuyver.

It is a testament to the widespread appeal of the mullet that many different cultures and languages have their own terms for it:
  • The Brazilian term is Chitãozinho e Xororó, in reference to the singers who started using this haircut in Brazil.
  • The Chilean term is chocopanda in reference to the ubiquitous public transportation Chocolito Panda ice-cream sellers wearing such haircut. It is also called a "Zamorano", after Iván Zamorano.
  • The Croatian term is fudbalerka, literally "footballer (hair)", a reference to its popularity among soccer players in the 1980s.
  • The Danish term is Bundesliga-hår, which refers to its alleged popularity among Bundesliga soccer players, or alternatively, Svenskerhår (Swede-hair), referring to its popularity in Sweden.
  • The Dutch term is matje, which means "little carpet/mat".
  • The Finnish term is takatukka, which means "rear hair". Sometimes lätkätukka or tsekkitukka is also used, which means "ice hockey haircut" in reference to the Swedish term. Tsekkitukka means "Czech hockey hair" based on the Czech hockey players hairstyle. Mullets are a well known and still popular "hockeyhair" in Czech Republic.
  • The French term is Nuque longue which means "long in the neck". In Quebec French, it is referred to as la coupe Longueuil (referencing Longueuil, a suburb of Montreal that is considered lower-class) or as un pad, notably in Quebec City.
  • The German term is Vokuhila, which stands for "vorne kurz, hinten lang" (short in front, long in the back).
  • The Hebrew term is vilon, which means "curtain". Another common term is "Eli Ohana" haircut, named after a famous football player who wore this haircut.
  • The Hungarian term is also Bundesliga or just simply footballist (soccer player) hair.
  • The Icelandic term is Hebbi, referring to a nickname of an Icelandic singer called Herbert Guðmundsson sporting the hairstyle.
  • The Italian term is codino, which means "little tail".
  • The Norwegian term is hockeysveis, which means "ice hockey haircut".
  • The Polish terms are: dywan which means "carpet" or na Ziobera - after soccer player Jacek Ziober or na Limahla after Limahl, or plereza meaning "cover for the back". This haircut was also associated with Czechoslovakian and East Germany sportsmen.
  • The Romanian term is chicǎ, which means "long hair at the neck". This haircut is associated with redneck-like people and is socially associated with the lack of sophistication or culture.
  • The Swedish term is hockeyfrilla, which means "ice hockey haircut" in reference to its popularity among some hockey players.
  • The Turkish term is aslan yelesi or Fikirtepe modeli, which mean "lion's mane" and "Fikirtepe (a suburb of Istanbul where this style was popular among shuttle drivers) style", respectively.
  • The Japanese term is urufu hea which is the Japanese way of saying "wolf hair." It's actually a quite popular look among young men, though the hair in the front is generally longer than a typical mullet's.
  • The Greek word for mullet is "Χαίτη" or humorously "Λασπωτήρας" which is the mudguard behind a truck's tyres.
  • In Castilian Spanish there is no exact equivalent for the word "mullet" although in some dialects it is known as la capa which means "the cape" since it only covers the back much like the said garment. It is also sometimes known as el corte MacGuyver(the MacGuyver cut) due to it's association with said 80s pop-culture icon. It can be called Kale Borroka haircut, it is very common between Basque nationalist youngsters.
  • The sikha that a Vaishnava devotee wears can typically be mistaken for a mullet if long and bushy enough. Western devotees sometimes pass off their sikhas as mullets when inquired by outsiders.

Stan Bowles said:
One of the few things I can remember from the later parts of being in the pub on Friday is me boring everyone to tears about Kenny's hair. Where is his dignity?? Kenny, you're a very bald man, for the love of god shave it off.

There can be no discussion of of balding footballers at the world cup without mentioning Emerson.

John D'oh said:
Camaronesi's hair is looking fantastic!

What lustrous locks!

but is he a) a chinese woman or b) a chinese pony?

trev said:
but is he a) a chinese woman or b) a chinese pony?
i 'd love to see him with the hair down. i'd say he looks like linda fiorentino....

Gotta give Muntari of Ghana a mention.

His do looks like some fancy Marks And Spencers bread:
mixed-seed-bread.jpg

mixed-seed-bread.jpg

Saw that oiled up Y' front photo. fucking hilarious! they practically had their cocks out.

Totti's haircut sucks. either trim it or shave it off dude - the buzz don't fly.

Hector Grey said:
U have wierd fetishes :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back