World Cup Group B (1 Viewer)

It's an awful state of affairs.
Bring back Placente!
Zanetti could have played right or left back or left or right midfield or centre mid!
And he should be in the squad on merit anyway!

in fairness gabi milito has been injured all season...but no cambiasso? the man is class... and zanetti? what has he ever done wrong. peckerman, who was a pecker, man, left him out too. if nothing else his experience would be invaluable. unless diego gets very lucky, or messi takes it all by the scruff of the neck, this looks like a doomed plan.

Maradona, speaking before naming his squad, said he wanted Messi to roam freely during the World Cup in South Africa.

"I don't want him stationed on the [right touch] line," said Maradona. "All the balls have to pass through him.
"I'm going to defend with four centre-backs but I'm also going to have full-backs available in case we need to improve coming out of defence."

I suspect slack translation there and what he said didn't correspond to centre back. Although he is a mentalist, so maybe.

African football hasn't improved since the 90s, has it? Nigeria were better in the 90s than any African team of the moment has given evidence of being.

I suspect slack translation there and what he said didn't correspond to centre back. Although he is a mentalist, so maybe.

A mate of mine runs an Argentinian Football and Translation blog [I shit you not, he actually does exactly that] and regularly comments on the madness that is Maradona and Argentine domestic football - in all likelihood, thats exactly what he said.
So you might ask him, his website is: http://pegamequemegusta.wordpress.com/
While I'm plugging him, I should also mention that he's also working with the Guardian for the World Cup as their man covering the Argie Press for the tournament! [Which is pretty deadly!]

African football hasn't improved since the 90s, has it? Nigeria were better in the 90s than any African team of the moment has given evidence of being.

Nigeria in the 90s was it's peak as national team, but there are a lot more individuals playing at much higher levels now .there just isn't one outstanding national side. If you get me.

Maradonna hgas lost it already. Zannetti might do the double with Inter that doesn't happen by accident for fuck sake they'll be absolutely livid now. They actually have a decent squad if he'd pick the right fucking players.

Delighted for South Korea there, by far the most positive team throughout though they looked exhausted by the end. Greece look fairly woeful, it'd be funny if they went through another World Cup without scoring.

Just like the Nigeria game, the Argies started really well then took their foot off the peddle and it could have ended up 2-2 at one stage but two pieces of Messi / Higuin magic see it now being 4-1.

I got this off another forum, some Alan Partridsge-esque commentary.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is what the Nigeria scoreline should have looked like were it not for their keeper. Argentina haven't been all THAT better much today but it's a scoreline they probably deserve.

I've got Higuain for the golden boot, great match for me.

Nigeria determined to live up to the cliche about indisciplined African sides, comfortably in charge of the game against Greece until that totally stupid sending off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back