words you love the most (1 Viewer)

i was talking to some chums of mine recently about how i had found myself ashamed to use the word "rashers" in public. Say i was in a shop, wanting a rasher sandwich, i always asked for a bacon sandwich. well, heres the reason

daft. from this day on, i vow to only ever ever ask for Rasher Sandwiches.

The term "west brit" fascinates me. Nobody know's what it really means, that wikipedia didn't even shed alotta light on the subject.

It's a good slag though.

seanc said:
The term "west brit" fascinates me. Nobody know's what it really means, that wikipedia didn't even shed alotta light on the subject.

It's a good slag though.
doesn't it just mean 'too much anglo in your anglo-irish'? that's pretty much what the oxford english dictionary says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Brit

It doesn't quite explain it for me though. Like, protestants aren't allowed to be west brits? Or are they all west brits because they're protestants?
If you speak Irish you're not west brit? But you could be a gealtacht nazi, which is quite like being a west brit. Is thumped west brit? It's all very confusing.

c0De_n1NjA said:
i was talking to some chums of mine recently about how i had found myself ashamed to use the word "rashers" in public. Say i was in a shop, wanting a rasher sandwich, i always asked for a bacon sandwich. well, heres the reason

see also 'self hatred' it says.
all that over a sandwich? :)

c0De_n1NjA said:

Like oh my Gawd dude, like you're all that and only 20 bucks! Psyched!

For some reason I've always had the view that West Brits were people like the rich people who live in the Burnaby estate in Greystones. I've no idea why though.

Another description could be the Irish people who benefited under British occupation back in the day.

mazzyianne said:
see also 'self hatred' it says.
all that over a sandwich? :)
i was just about to point out the self hatred thing too.

yeah, eh, back bacon, hockey and the Mackenzie brothers, eh? i hate myself, eh?

Wikipedia nonsense.

Isn't that a colloquialism? (formally: forecastle)

It's OK though, you can still love it.

*splits hairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back