Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (1 Viewer)

flashback

Threads
"super" as a prefix can fuck off.

OMG, she was super nice... that's super kind of you... I'm super happy about that... super difficult, super great

I'm more than likely guilty of using it myself, and it bothers me. You're not speaking German, you cunt, is what I think shortly afterwards.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
"super" as a prefix can fuck off.

OMG, she was super nice... that's super kind of you... I'm super happy about that... super difficult, super great

I'm more than likely guilty of using it myself, and it bothers me. You're not speaking German, you cunt, is what I think shortly afterwards.
Super has been a prefix forever: supersonic, supernatural, superhuman, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...

flashback

Threads
Super has been a prefix forever: supersonic, supernatural, superhuman, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...
It meant something though.

Super, like the work epi, or hyper, was used so mean something. Above, upon, whatever.

Prefixing super in front of an ordinary word is just a lazy way of not using a superlative. (Heh.)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
It meant something though.

Super, like the work epi, or hyper, was used so mean something. Above, upon, whatever.

Prefixing super in front of an ordinary word is just a lazy way of not using a superlative. (Heh.)
I just wanted to use the word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

jonah

Threads
I feel like I use the word "insanely" in the same was a super above, usually just as a synonyn for 'very' and yes, I annoy myself when I do it.

pavlos

Supporter
Threads
"Tech" - been watching a lot of kids (Marvel) films with the young lad the last while, and for some reason this one just burns me up every time I hear it ("It's new tech", "Our latest tech" etc etc), hardly a new phrase, but there you go. Omnipresent now.

ann post

Threads
Ok thumped lets talk about the choice/options usage on Earth which is nearly always wrong.

A choice is an action, nothing is a choice until you choose it. Up until that point it is an option.

When someone says 'you have three choices' very often the reality is that you have one choice to make, with three options, unless we are talking about a multiple choice scenario. These options do not become choices until you choose one.

I started noticing this a few weeks back.

I went to make a twitter poll today.

Look at this shit.

options.JPG ]

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Ok thumped lets talk about the choice/options usage on Earth which is nearly always wrong.

A choice is an action, nothing is a choice until you choose it. Up until that point it is an option.

When someone says 'you have three choices' very often the reality is that you have one choice to make, with three options, unless we are talking about a multiple choice scenario. These options do not become choices until you choose one.

I started noticing this a few weeks back.

I went to make a twitter poll today.

Look at this shit.

View attachment 13135]
Why are you on Twitter?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
  • Vols. 11 & 12
    Noses in Roses, Forever
    Desert Sessions
    Vols. 11 & 12
  • In The Zone
    Toxic
    Britney Spears
    In The Zone

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads