Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (1 Viewer)

"super" as a prefix can fuck off.

OMG, she was super nice... that's super kind of you... I'm super happy about that... super difficult, super great

I'm more than likely guilty of using it myself, and it bothers me. You're not speaking German, you cunt, is what I think shortly afterwards.

"super" as a prefix can fuck off.

OMG, she was super nice... that's super kind of you... I'm super happy about that... super difficult, super great

I'm more than likely guilty of using it myself, and it bothers me. You're not speaking German, you cunt, is what I think shortly afterwards.
Super has been a prefix forever: supersonic, supernatural, superhuman, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...

Super has been a prefix forever: supersonic, supernatural, superhuman, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...
It meant something though.

Super, like the work epi, or hyper, was used so mean something. Above, upon, whatever.

Prefixing super in front of an ordinary word is just a lazy way of not using a superlative. (Heh.)

It meant something though.

Super, like the work epi, or hyper, was used so mean something. Above, upon, whatever.

Prefixing super in front of an ordinary word is just a lazy way of not using a superlative. (Heh.)
I just wanted to use the word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

"Skillset" when talking about someone's creative output.

Yeah okay human resources manager.

I feel like I use the word "insanely" in the same was a super above, usually just as a synonyn for 'very' and yes, I annoy myself when I do it.

"Tech" - been watching a lot of kids (Marvel) films with the young lad the last while, and for some reason this one just burns me up every time I hear it ("It's new tech", "Our latest tech" etc etc), hardly a new phrase, but there you go. Omnipresent now.

Ok thumped lets talk about the choice/options usage on Earth which is nearly always wrong.

A choice is an action, nothing is a choice until you choose it. Up until that point it is an option.

When someone says 'you have three choices' very often the reality is that you have one choice to make, with three options, unless we are talking about a multiple choice scenario. These options do not become choices until you choose one.

I started noticing this a few weeks back.

I went to make a twitter poll today.

Look at this shit.

options.JPG ]

Ok thumped lets talk about the choice/options usage on Earth which is nearly always wrong.

A choice is an action, nothing is a choice until you choose it. Up until that point it is an option.

When someone says 'you have three choices' very often the reality is that you have one choice to make, with three options, unless we are talking about a multiple choice scenario. These options do not become choices until you choose one.

I started noticing this a few weeks back.

I went to make a twitter poll today.

Look at this shit.

View attachment 13135]
Why are you on Twitter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back