WIVES/WE ARE KNIVES Lazybird Oct 2 2005 (1 Viewer)

I didn't even know about this gig, which was entirely my own fault as I now recall receiving a text from Bernard when I was ill, which I never replied to. I've been in and out of poor health the past week, which was a crumby way to spend my week off work.

Oh well. Next time.

Zeelander said:
I didn't even know about this gig, which was entirely my own fault as I now recall receiving a text from Bernard when I was ill, which I never replied to. I've been in and out of poor health the past week, which was a crumby way to spend my week off work.

Oh well. Next time.
gayballs.

hag said:
i liked wives a lot. press releases are bullshit for the most part, bit silly to harsh them for not living up to it.
p.s. why does every indie photographer go for the effect above? it ruins perfectly good images!

i just meant they didn't live up to the standard set by we are knives. i love the wives record, and they were good on the night. i recon if everyone had of been up the front for the whole set it would have made a difference. atmosphere and all.

re: photos. i don't like using a flash, but when i have to, i like colours. it gives more movement. just a matter of preference i guess.

Queen Buzzo said:
Check it out! compuwhore's gone spazzo! You ok princess? Tired

This gig was really good. Tom, perching up on the side of a seat is still sitting down. Respect the rock me hole.
were you on the guestlist?

MONDOBRUTALE said:
wives were great
that room was fuckin deadsville last night though

Yeah, it unfortunately was. Because of the fact that we started setting up late (there'd been a gig on earlier that didn't finish until after 8), we didn't have time to rearrange the room in a way that might have been, well, better suited to the music.

Still, I personally thought both bands put on great shows--never seen either before, and wasn't disappointed. Thanks to all six of 'em for coming from their various hometowns and playing, and to everyone who came down. (And big up to Cyclotron for the lend of his drum kit.)

Next week: Del9 film & video madness.

Thanks,
Paul

Zeelander said:

Oh well. Next time.

Next We Are Knives Dublin Gig

minusclub.jpg

zebra heart attack said:
i just meant they didn't live up to the standard set by we are knives. i love the wives record, and they were good on the night. i recon if everyone had of been up the front for the whole set it would have made a difference. atmosphere and all.

re: photos. i don't like using a flash, but when i have to, i like colours. it gives more movement. just a matter of preference i guess.
fair enough. i just see it everywhere. it's like it's the new b/w or something.

george mcfly said:
that horse on the 7" is S.E.X.Y.
yeah, but did you see what happens to her on the other side? dude horse ain't interested in a whorse, she's cryin'. there's a lesson in there for slutty horses. sluttorses if you will. maresult.

hag said:
yeah, but did you see what happens to her on the other side? dude horse ain't interested in a whorse, she's cryin'. there's a lesson in there for slutty horses. sluttorses if you will. maresult.

eager5.jpg

caught them (wives that is) here last night. pretty good. fecking dire turn out (15 - 20 people) if we were running something in richardsons and we only got that number of heads we´d be dissaponited. and here i am in a major european city with a touring american band playing and yet fuck all people turn up :confused:

anyways, i had a bit of a chat with the guitarist randy. he was really nice.same can´t be said bout the singer/bassist. he was sick but that doesn´t excuse shit like "i´m only gonna play this for my 2 band mates" and storming off in a huff and not singing the last song. pure hissy fit like:rolleyes:

on a plus note, the album rocks.|..|

seanface said:
caught them (wives that is) here last night. pretty good. fecking dire turn out (15 - 20 people) if we were running something in richardsons and we only got that number of heads we´d be dissaponited. and here i am in a major european city with a touring american band playing and yet fuck all people turn up :confused:

anyways, i had a bit of a chat with the guitarist randy. he was really nice.same can´t be said bout the singer/bassist. he was sick but that doesn´t excuse shit like "i´m only gonna play this for my 2 band mates" and storming off in a huff and not singing the last song. pure hissy fit like:rolleyes:

on a plus note, the album rocks.|..|

the fella was sound over two days in belfast so you musta caught him on a bad day. long tour etc.
plus, he's called Dean Spunt. how can you diss a guy called Dean Spunt?!

the dirty weed said:
the fella was sound over two days in belfast so you musta caught him on a bad day. long tour etc.
plus, he's called Dean Spunt. how can you diss a guy called Dean Spunt?!

true it just seemed shitty y´know? the guitarist is randy allen something i think. what a nametastic band:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back