witnness highlights (2 Viewers)

there's a small difference though

white stripes aren't a one off joke like the strokes and the mpldy peaches.
they're onto their 3rd excellent lp, so the fuss, stateside, is one that has been slowly growing and appears to be musically based.

now *that* is surprising

sounds interesting - 3 good lp's is a pretty nifty track record...

but I do find it hard to believe that anything that roots itself so firmly in old school r&r can be the most important musical thing since Jimi Hendrix...any great musical quantum leaps have always been forward thinking, not retrospective - Hendrix included. Thats what makes bands like the Strokes ultimately redundant - sure its entertaining and they're a good band, but the press really make fools of themselves (and no doubt ribbons of the Strokes future) by lauding them as the rebirth of rock and roll. I mean, have none of these people heard Musica Transonic/Mainliner? Rock is reborn in a different way every couple of months, some better than others, but the fact that the majority of these rebirths are so fundamentally postmodern means they will never in fact register enormously on any large scale musical map.

oooohhhhhhh, so that's where i'm going wrong, i thought map meant an actual map, of ireland like... and there's me using rolled up maps for drum sticks for the past 3 months, thanks a lot Osimono!!!

Osimono (10 Aug, 2001 11:57 a.m.):
the fact that the majority of these rebirths are so fundamentally postmodern means they will never in fact register enormously on any large scale musical map

Osimono - in order to free the Thumped board from this sort of embarrassing claptrap, from now on you will be required to send all posts to Pete for vetting before they can be made visible

and the gardai. and your mum. there's no excuse. "fundamentally postmodern"... oh, i won't bother.

Hey its a music discussion board aint it?

I thought it was quite a relevant point I made...

Osimono, don't pretend to be sensitive and with the same lick have that doll's head as your icon, for the love of god!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back