Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
higlight#1
a certain person arrived at witnness, saw the official programs being sold for a fiver, was appalled, went home and made up a 'rockers guide' to witnness, with all his favourite bands highlighted, and signed in big black type 'GO FUCK YO'SELF!'. pure genius.

highlight#2
ritchie and mattie on the quest for non existent free booze. eventually they were told it was free in the tv tent, so they dutyfully queued up for hours, only to have to endure the frames and be told to fuck off by the barman when they asked for free booze.

fuck that,,, we ended up finding all the free beer we could drink... so much that we were giving it away to alchos on the way home.. witness rocks... lee perry was deadly...

url as promised. it's a long one...

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kindafunnylookin/witnnessweb/index.html

the ones of me bricking ed harcourt didn't come out though. typical.

The highlights for me were JOA,White Stripes living up to the hype,Backyard Babies guitar player throwing his axe across stage at the roadie in a true rock moment
But the Redneck Manifesto take the award,apart from totally rocking they were the kings of hunting and collecting free beer,respect

I really wish I'd gone to see the Backyard Babies, everyone who did came back roaring laughing. Dang.

kirstie (06 Aug, 2001 11:36 p.m.):
avalanches were deadly

They were indeed sampletastic. Never seen so much rawk on a 'dance stage' in my life.

Thanx to Dudley for recommending White Stripe (-s?), they rocked in every conceivable sense of the word. Lee Scratch P, Dirty 3, Frank Black (well, the last 15 minutes) and Trail of Bread deserve honourable mentions. And sheesh, didn't the kidz love Paul O'Reilly? I'm always shocked when the masses share my taste.

Surreal moment of the weekend was when all the Celtic fans and whistle blowers ran into the Rising tent for shelter and ended up waltzing to Dakota Oak. It could have got ugly, but it was very sweet.

I should add a bit of advice: never go to an Irish festival with your hair dyed pink unless you want to get hassle form every moron within 10 miles. I can only guess what the girl in the Wonder Woman costume had to put up with.

Some of the security staff were wankers !!! I was sitting outside the treatment area with a friend waiting for some blokes who were inside and when 1 of the dickhead saw us talking to a couple of people who were sitting on the other side of the fence he said that we and the people inside had to be at least 5 feet away from the fence ! So 10 feet away from each other !!! WHY ????

That's the 10 feet rule. Don't tell me you've never heard of the 10 feet rule.
What are you stupid or somethin' ? !!

Monkey (07 Aug, 2001 06:25 p.m.):
Some of the security staff were wankers !!! I was sitting outside the treatment area with a friend waiting for some blokes who were inside and when 1 of the dickhead saw us talking to a couple of people who were sitting on the other side of the fence he said that we and the people inside had to be at least 5 feet away from the fence ! So 10 feet away from each other !!! WHY ????

Monkey (07 Aug, 2001 06:25 p.m.):
[/quote]

Aye, the lowlights included the security who made the whole place feel like a giant version of the music centre
Such lips wank

The White Stripes were fantastic but the likes of this is quite odd.
The hype machine is out.
Apparently a page in the Sun as well.
At least it's going to a decent band for a change.

Oh no it`s the Kate Moss kiss of death for the White Stripes
http://www.thesun.co.uk/bizarre/
Can they survive such a curse?

Now Sky News is in on the act!
http://www.skynews.co.uk/skynews/storytemplate/storytoppic/0,,30000-1025794,00.html
What next an apperance on Pat Kenny?

if you look at the first picture from the url above, the one with the redneck manifesto, doesnt mervyn look like an old man with no teeth? and then in the second one matty looks like a little boy. ahhh isnt that cute a band where grandfather and grandsons collide!!!

Ah, the media whores are out!

White Stripes are the new Strokes!

Strokes are the new Moldy Peaches!

Moldy Peaches are the new Dead Milkmen!

Who are the Dead Milkmen!

Its all bollox - you wont hear a bloody squeak from this retro yank crap in two years time. Still, its a good anthropological excercise to see the vultures make fools of themselves. Im a bit surprised at John Peel...

Yep, the White Stripes album is not very alternative is it? Fairly standard Rock'n'roll. Not bad mind, but nothing particularly remarkable.

Its all bollox - you wont hear a bloody squeak from this retro yank crap in two years time. Still, its a good anthropological excercise to see the vultures make fools of themselves. Im a bit surprised at John Peel...[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back