Witnness - Acts that MCD don't want you to know just yet (1 Viewer)

Monkey

Website
www.tshock.net
Check this link for all the acts that have been officially announced and some that MCD don't want you to know yet (including Alfie
Future Pilot AKA and Dakota Oak).
http://www.iol.ie/~thinlizzy/witnness.htm

David kitt, there's a shock
Ed Harcourt, dullsville
the rest good
and future pilot aka very very fucking good :)

R.E.M. my arse are playing
at the drive in are supposed to be broken up
and BellX1 would have to be able to play their instruments 1st to be able to play.don't you love MCD's risk of getting bands that play here every month anyway. name one coup.....go on!

I'd just like to know if MCD are going to be fined for flyposting those stupid a4 photocopied witnness posters around town over the last couple of weeks......

the problem with witnness is, there's so much shite playing that i'd be afraid to go along for fear of having to sit thru the fucking stereophonics

although low and the dirty three....

hmmmmmmm....

the problem with witnness is, there's so much shite playing that i'd be afraid to go along for fear of having to sit thru the fucking stereophonics

although low and the dirty three....

hmmmmmmm....

dear mr. pete thumped...

somewhere on the old messageboard which only you have access to, there is a message about "some guinness promo thing" (or words to that effect) (back when this festival thang was but a twinkle in the eye of some overpaid cokehead) which proceeded to give the phone number of wwittnnessss... if this could be resurrected we could all go and have fun annoying these people... not that i'd ever condone such behaviour, of course...

There's always gonna be a load of shit at wittness, it's almost the irish version of the v festivals(which did have some enjoyable spots over the last couple of years, the flaming lips last year for instance, and the regular fries flinging all their stage props that the security the year before.). Trick is to avoid the main stage completely, that's where all the shite is herded. There should be enough good bands on the smaller stages to keep most people happy. And it's still cheaper than the uk festivals.

silo (05 Jun, 2001 04:53 p.m.):
dear mr. pete thumped...

somewhere on the old messageboard which only you have access to, there is a message about "some guinness promo thing" (or words to that effect) (back when this festival thang was but a twinkle in the eye of some overpaid cokehead) which proceeded to give the phone number of wwittnnessss... if this could be resurrected we could all go and have fun annoying these people... not that i'd ever condone such behaviour, of course...

the old message board stuff is beyond repair, i think....

awwww, some of my best work was in those olden days. especially on the event guide forum, hur hur hur hur...

oooh, looks like evan dando (or EAVAN DANDO according to the MCD website) has been added to the line up for witnness

it's getting more tempting...

I heard a rumour Suicide were playing.
Bring things to throw at them to make it just like the old days.
Does "Not Yet Announced" mean "Not Actually Booked - May Not Even have Been Asked"?

daz (06 Jun, 2001 04:45 p.m.):
hmmmm, i'm afraid i'll probably have thrown everything i have at Texas by the time Suicide play

ah well...

Me too!!! Texas just make me want to dance till my legs fall off! I can't believe I found a fellow *Texan* on this stuffy old Forum! We should go together!!!

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><b>"Not Yet Announced"</b></font> means that Alfie and Dakota Oak have confirmed to me personally that they will play. Alfie have also posted it on their site and it says on Domino Records that Future Pilot AKA, Low and Dakota Oak will be there. On the message board of Kittser's website the admin guy posted that he will be palying at witnness.

Bellx1 have not been asked nor have Turn

Bellx1 have not been asked nor have Turn

How do you know so much about the current booking status at Wittnness? I only ask cos you've been posting this stuff across pretty much all the Irish music notice boards but give the impression that you don't work for MCD and are letting us in on a "secret". You even posted a wee message concerning ticket prices on another board. Not that I mind either way, but I am a little curious.

Did you once work on the telly?
Are you tall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back