Wiring? (1 Viewer)

Danny_Mc

I realise this isn't really a 1010011010 type problem but thought someone here may have some answers.

I want to connect a a modern (RJ45) phone plug to a rotary/dial phone cable. Is this possible and if so, how do I go about it?

I've seen a few things online that are kind of pointing me in the right direction but thought one of you may have done something like this and pass on some tips!

I just want to plug the old phone into the wall! So I was wondering if it's possible to attach the RJ11 (not RJ45 thanks!) to the old cable?

I was hoping there would a straightforward way of wiring a modern plug to the old telephone cord.

Hmm, I'm guessing phones from the 80's still used the RJ11 cable spec - on the end of the old telephone cord, it has 4 wires on it? (looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RJ11,_RJ14,_RJ25#RJ11.2C_RJ14.2C_RJ25_wiring_details) If so, it should just be a matter of getting a rj11 plastic connector and a crimping tool. If you know any IT/Phone engineers you should be sorted for those, otherwise maplin is your man.

Yeah it has the black, yellow,green and red wires alright! Crimping tool is probably the way to go then! Thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back