winter (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter safe
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 0

safe

Since 2000
the winter festival was awesome - most of the act excelled themselves and it was a day of many highlights. congrats to al involved - organisation went with no glitches whatsoever which is pretty amazing considering the size of the event- fucking brill. lets have another one in about 6 months - in, eh, winter.

Ponce. You were there for the last hour. You spent all day in the boozer watching football. Then you didn't pay. You wanker. Get out of here. Go on.

I worked...worked until my fingers were stumps. My Saturdays are just grind, toil, sweat and bitterness.

Oh...anyone hear about that job in Alaska packing fishes or something. Animal work but worth $8,000 a month.

up yours, Ohn.
the last hour was too much of a girl. that's what i'm saying. if the rst of the day was more like last hour there would be corpses a go go in the noise head.

why don't we go to alaska, pack fish and make money, and when we come back we can set up house? eh? me and you?

That job in Alaska - I think it's salmon gutting isn't it?
You may get paid a lot, but not as much as you think, and no-one can stick it for longer than a week. You can't wash off the smell of salmon guts. But you can steal all you can eat.

Much better would be to go the Persian Gulf and get a job cleaning out oil tankers. You get to abseil down inside the enormous tankers, in pitch darkness, then spray the fuck out of everything with a power hose. Sensory deprivation in a highly toxic environment (and the heat would be at least 50 degrees C) - it can't be beat.

Right...my worst job was working as a night security guard in an old folks home run by work-crazy nuns in Dalkey. It was insane. I spent nine hours completely and utterly alone....the guy I replaced was obsessed by serial killers while the guy who worked the opposite shift was a brilliant artist who hated humans....however I did train the old bassist from the Frames...a fella called David. Nice guy - big ideas.

Hector Grey (06 Jun, 2001 11:36 a.m.):
fish aren't animals.

Oh yes they are.

John, whales aren't fish. They have mammary glands as you say and are therefore mammals.

Both fish and mammals are animals.

Is that clear to everyone?

Science_dude (07 Jun, 2001 11:05 a.m.):
Hector Grey (06 Jun, 2001 11:36 a.m.):
fish aren't animals.

Oh yes they are.

John, whales aren't fish. They have mammary glands as you say and are therefore mammals.

Both fish and mammals are animals.

Is that clear to everyone?

are insects animals science dude ?

mugwump (07 Jun, 2001 11:57 a.m.):

are insects animals science dude ?

Yep.
Once upon a time, all living organisms used to be classified as either plants or animals. This is no longer the case (see here for more information http://www.kheper.auz.com/gaia/biosphere/kingdoms.htm), but if you want to know if something is an animal, it can still be useful to think 'Is it a plant?'. If it's not, then it's more than likely an animal (if it's multi-cellular)

Science_dude (08 Jun, 2001 09:55 a.m.):
but if you want to know if something is an animal, it can still be useful to think 'Is it a plant?'. If it's not, then it's more than likely an animal (if it's multi-cellular)

Car = (not plant) = Animal

Desk = (not plant) = Animal

Shoe = (not plant) = Animal

Wow!! I never knew there were so many animals about, and what a huge role they play in our everyday life!!

Cells

A tree should be allowed to be an animal if it wants to be...and I should be allowed to be the pig that I am. And maybe one day we will finally develop a tree that is fish and desk simultaneously...or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back