wine recomendations? (1 Viewer)

Latex lizzie

Here has anyone had any nice wine lately that they recommend? I know were all hard rock stars that should be drinking beer but like..

Anyway I had the best cheapo bottle of plonk ever from Dunnes ! yes dunnes last night. 5.99 called Brigaldara. sweet as.

youse?

A friend of mine used to work in Verling's off-license in Clontarf. They used to send him on wine-tasting courses all the time. He only ever recommended one wine to me: Barolo. Tastes lovely, and gives a really relaxed drunk feeling (the way I'm sure Dean Martin felt 24/7). Little more expensive though - 15-20 bucks a bottle. But worth it.

I drank this French wine called Chenet recently which is very nice,
think it's a Cabernet, the bottle neck is slighly crooked.
Nice not as de-hydrating as other red wines I've tried.

*also handy hint don't use wine as a mixer for Vodka*
they don't go I speak from experience.
taste good at the time but not soo good coming back up!

A nice Ruffino Chianti*. A friend of mine found some in Supervalu (I think) in Kimmage or something. It's lovely stuff.

Also, someone who knows wine brought a bottle of something called Tanguero to my house once. Definitely up there with the best reds I've had, though I have no idea where to find it. Don't know if it was cheap, either.

*No relation, unfortunately.

Palacio de la Vega is nice. Spanish like. Red.
Dunnes' fiver-a-bottle white stuff is surprisingly okay.

Hollywood wine from Tesco is gorgeous.

The English wine, Nobility, has a very nice "clear" wine (basically a white wine). It's both economical and will get you plastered.

Fred Murray is the guy to talk to about wine though.

Or my new mate Craig. But you don't know Craig.

egg_ said:
Pinot Auxerrois from Ors, the Swiss organic wine man in the Dublin Food Co-op

Cool - I've been wondering where to buy organic wine. Had some once in a restaurant and it was like magic wine - no hangover.

I currently can't stop drinking Domaine des Anges' rose - a really dry rose for €8 - which is made by an Irish guy who fecked off to live on a vineyard in France. Anyways, I've been drinking this stuff everyday now for the past few months. Then the bastard Irish Times goes and does a fantastic review of the wine and now it's permanently out of stock in me local offy.

Papa Mac (i.e. My Da) has an extensive wine cellar he houses in his garage, reds on one side, whites and champers on the other. So in fact it's a wine garage, really. Bit like a beer carpark. Anyway he can be usually called upon to provide deadly booze so I always ask him what's what. I poisonally like white the most, and drink endless bottles of muscadet (oh, so delicious), pinot grigio, dry italian whites and chablis when I can afford it.

I am also a fan of 2 for 11 from the local offy, so I am an equal opportunities pisshead.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Cool - I've been wondering where to buy organic wine. Had some once in a restaurant and it was like magic wine - no hangover.

O'Brien's do a lovely organic white wine, I think it's called Domaine d'Olivette. It's quite strong, but no hangover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back