will oldham covers r. kelly, bjork, danzig on new lp.. (2 Viewers)

the departed

from pitchfork:

Sure, you knew he'd been hanging out with the guy. But did you ever think you'd hear Will Oldham's take on R. Kelly's triumphant "
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
"?

I suppose it's a little hard to say just what Oldham's gonna do next, but-- for now, at least-- we've got a notion: Bonnie "Prince" Billy's Ask Forgiveness, eight covers ably tackled in all their nimble glory by Oldham, Espers' Meg Baird and Greg Weeks, and cellist Maggie Wienk, due in the UK November 19 thanks to Domino Records (no word quite yet on a U.S. release). It will be released November 20 in the U.S. via Drag City.
From Björk to Danzig to Robert Sylvester Kelly, Ask Forgiveness runs just about every gamut imaginable-- and that's just three tunes. Committed to tape in an "off the hoof" fashion in Philly, the disc will arrive on both CD and (for the club DJs out there, of course) vinyl. We've done our sleuth work, but are still looking into just who provided those other tunes' original versions: after all, there are a lot of songs named "My Life", and it would be silly for us to just assume it was the Mary J. Blige track, right? Much as we might wish it to be so? (Gosh, that'd be good.)

Although Drag City would confirm that the tracklist for the UK and U.S. versions would be the same, they declined to let us know exactly who did the originals of each song. "The mystery is sort of the fun part," said a publicist.
UPDATE: Drag City has revealed the rest of the covers. They include Mickey Newbury, Phil Ochs, Frank Sinatra, and the Mekons, as well as a Will Oldham original.

ignition and ignition remix are deadly songs, two of my fave r kelly tunes. what did yis make of double up? some great tracks but overall i wasn't mad on it. got ridin soundtrack tho.

anyone get this? the danzig tune and the r.kelly one are amazing. this is one of his best releases in years. one or two of the tracks are a bit weak though.

ignition and ignition remix are deadly songs, two of my fave r kelly tunes. what did yis make of double up? some great tracks but overall i wasn't mad on it. got ridin soundtrack tho.

really liked double up - total grower. "hook it up"
is incredible. best track on the album. even that
corny rock star track with ludacris grew on me.

really liked double up - total grower. "hook it up"
is incredible. best track on the album. even that
corny rock star track with ludacris grew on me.

think i need to give it a few more listens, haven't heard it in a bit.
just checked this i'd say you'd appreciate

nice one! this is great. DJ Khaled should start
narrating audio books. i'd buy em.

you seen that "i'm so hood" remix that's there?
totally amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back