Wilco in Vicar Street in August (2 Viewers)

After the last Vicar Street show, I had no inclination to see Wilco again. I'm more or less finished with them. That doesn't mean I'm not drunk.

I hate to say it but I really think I am done with Wilco now. You know the way they tread that thin line between being classic-American-rock-band and really boring middle of the road Dad rock? They have now gone way over the wrong side of the line for me.

If I didn't have a seated ticket last night I would have been one of the nerds hanging out on Nels Cline's side because he's easily the best thing about the band. And then they get him to do that performing monkey dual guitar thing at the end. Jaysus .....

And the bass player is really starting to annoy me too.

I dunno, I enjoyed some of it but spent most of it (a) wishing I had tried to get a ticket for FNM instead and (b) looking forward to seeing The Jesus Lizard.

Totally weird, because I really loved it when I saw them two years ago and it's not like they are any different.

They have now gone way over the wrong side of the line...

I don't think so, i'd say they still pull it off but i know what you mean. i find it hard to imagine a single other band around today that could give me those kind of thrills without making me want to throw up at the same time. that's the whole fun for me.

And then they get him to do that performing monkey dual guitar thing at the end. Jaysus ......

I'd say nels enjoys playing guitar solos in fairness.

I thought they rocked. I think one wing was my fave, even though they played a fair few oldies.

A few of us hot blooded ladies also look forward to Wilco gigs as they are sausage fests. They always seem to bring the v attractive Irish muso men out in force. Where do they hide the rest of the year?

Will this be as good as I thought it was last time? Just bear in mind that I was slightly different last time I saw them and it was a different time of year with seasonal changes to be considered. Also, it was a different day of the week and I wont be as hungry tonight as I was at the last show.

Will this be as good as I thought it was last time? Just bear in mind that I was slightly different last time I saw them and it was a different time of year with seasonal changes to be considered. Also, it was a different day of the week and I wont be as hungry tonight as I was at the last show.

Bring a raincoat and a sandwich just in case.

I don't think so, i'd say they still pull it off but i know what you mean. i find it hard to imagine a single other band around today that could give me those kind of thrills without making me want to throw up at the same time. that's the whole fun for me.

That's pretty spot on all right. My problem is now they make me want to throw up more than they thrill me. It's really subjective.

I had the new album on holidays with me and was listening to it driving in France, with the blazing sunshine, and good food and good cheer, when all was good, and it sounded just fine.

Back in rainy Dublin where I'm trying to paint a fucking shelving unit and the country is about to go down the drain because of NAMA and we've just been chucked out of our rehearsal room and there are numerous other things just getting on my tits it's all just too contented and basically wrong .... wrong!!

I predict that it will be much better for the first half of the gig. Towards the middle you'll lose interest a bit, due in no small part to Tweedy's demeanour, which you will perceive as deliberately injurious behaviour and a personal attack. I can't be sure about the end without knowing whether you have incurred any hair loss in the interim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back