November 19th
$250
Comes with an in-pack copy of Wii Sports
Games will be around the $50 mark

Virtual games:
Nes - 3EUR
SNES - 5EUR
N64 - 7EUR
30 games at launch, including Mario and Zelda!

And details of the European launch today!

I'm in nerd heaven.

But it doesn't come with a HDD so you have to splash out for a big memory card!
It'll take SD cards which is a good move, since loads of people already have those lying around. And as well as that, the devkits have USB ports and the final hardware is rumoured to allow external USB storage. Which is also nice.

I'm still undecided. Sometimes I'm thinking "Yep! I'm definately getting one of these beauties!" other times I'm thinking "Meh...!"

I'm excited and also unsure about the whole motion detection element. It could be absolutely fantastic, or could just be a gimmick. The whole thing about downloading old games doesn't really do it for me either. There's certainly some classic old games worth looking up, but more often than not, once the nostalgia factor fades away you're left with a horribly dated game.

Wilbert, you're the Dominic Diamond of Thumped, so you're sure to be getting one, right? What you reckon?

The main attraction for me at the moment is imagining my parents waving controllers about their living room on Christmas morning if I decide to pick one up. I just don't see the Wii holding my attention for too long. I got pretty bored of the Eye Toy quick sharp.

Pre-ordered this just to be able to play the new zelda. Didn't actually pre-order Zelda.. I'm guessing (hoping!) they won't sell out of games.

I can't wait to try Wii sports.
Such a kinky thing to say...

i think hmv are opening at midnight, on the day its released,
will probably end up getting Zelda and Red Steel

I reckon anything first party done by nintendo will be amazing
and it will take awhile for the others to get the knack

not quite true, i think, as far as i know the wiimote thing opens up features in the game not on the gamecube version.

like on the n64 zelda, if you had the rumbe pak you would find out about areas of the game that people without wouldn't.
graphically they're supposedly markedly different

can't bleedin wait for me wii. deposit is down!

If it's minor stuff like the rumble pack thing then it's not a selling point for me. I'm not into buying a new console just so I can find cows down a hole in a field.
but you could buy the Wii for it's awesome revolutionary & innovative fan-dangled controller!

Actually the controls on the Wii version are a LOT different. There's lotsa messing about with fishing, sword fighting, firing your bow and arrow...

Stuff like that.

Good luck finding it Phil. In Japan and the US the GC Zelda is only available by ordering on their website and Australia is only getting one shipment. Having said that, I haven't heard there being upcoming problems for Europe.

As far as I know the only gameplay addition to the Wii is fishing. The weirdest difference I heard of is that the Wii and GC versions are mirrors of each other, as in the maps (and graphics) have been flipped horizontally. This is because Link has always been left handed but they've changed that for the Wii because most people will be using their right hand to slash the sword. The easiest way to accomodate this was to flip everything, for some reason.

Yup, I'm way too excited about all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back