Widower of Music/Thumb Pianist (1 Viewer)

I haven't felt a battered wife but I have felt the pain of one. I managed this using specially modified neurological walkie-talkies and copper wire - a device I call The Empathoscope (TM).

The sensation was a mixture of anguish and intense suffering of the 6th degree (i.e. the kind that Jesus inflicted on himself when he was studying for his crucifixion).

It reminded me of when I was 11 and a TV-crazed priest flung me from a broadcasting tower. I landed on a damp towel and it hurt quite badly. You know what it feels like when you're cycling up a hill in a really low gear? Well imagine you're doing that and suddenly a suspension bridge collapses on your back. And then, as you're lying the ground, a chimp pokes you in the shoulder. Awful.

I am, of course, referring to the chimp. The poking styles vary greatly between the churches.[/QUOTE]

I heard that there has been some unification of late on this no? with orangutan church of scientology being the "outsiders" Orange as they are.

No, if you'd been reading the parish newsletters like I asked you to,you'd already know this was an elaborate hoax orchestrated by Fianna Fail backbenchers, and you'd have avoided this embarrassment. It reflects badly on all of us.

You know, Charlotte, you might have the 'voice' of an 'angel', but you have the bollocks of a belligerent organ player. I can't believe we went to all that trouble to raise money to get your pipes replaced.

"Wah, wah," you said, "They're all rusty and greasy and clad with unsightly brown! I waaaant new piiiiiipes!" Whinged she.

Bake sales, granny swaps, crane tumbles, raspberry crumbles: all this we did for thee (and ye organ). Years of it, remember?

And this? This is the thanks?

You read those parish newsletters now, or I'm telling.

This just in...

Some good news: the catholics are introducing a new type of priest that bends in the middle just like those long, concertina buses. These priests will be able to see round corners and pick up fallen wafers without bending their legs. Some of them will even be able to do a party piece where they walk backwards down a stairs like Regan in some versions of "The Exorcist".

You might think it's all a bit of a laugh but the Church is modernising - and I welcome it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back