who's smart? (1 Viewer)

Hector Grey

Contributor
Since 2000
Which player has played in all of the following derby matches: AC Milan v Inter Milan, Arsenal v Chelsea, Liverpool v Everton, Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid, Borusia Dortmund v Borusia Munchengladbach,"

lordy no.
if you were doing bernd, you'd slip in a ref to barca - espanyol as well, and drop the pool - everton, arse thing. plus the ac milan thing.

christain pannuci did 3 of them.

stumped.

Do you not know the answer yourself Hector? If not this is going to be very frustrating.

Possible help: what foriegn player has played for Arsenal/Chelsea and Liverpool/Everton probably in the last 10-15 years.
I can't think of any at the moment.

i don't know. i got it off the guardian unlimited site, so there will be an answer. just... when?

Very tough

fuckin' prick Fowler

Robbie Fowler's move to Manchester City from Leeds United has collapsed after an 11th-hour change of heart by the England striker.
"I had the opportunity to think things over," Fowler revealed. "I want to stay at Leeds United, I'm happy to do so. Now I want to do my best for the club."

The 27-year-old underwent a medical with City after the two clubs agreed a £7m transfer fee and had been expected to complete the move in time for Saturday's match at Newcastle United.

But Leeds United's official website quoted his agent George Scott as saying: "Robbie Fowler had time to reflect on the deal and realised that it wasn't the right time for him."

Fowler's dramatic u-turn is a blow for City boss Kevin Keegan, who had been hoping to pair him with Nicolas Anelka. However City's chief operating officer Chris Bird insisted there were no hard feelings with Fowler following the snub.

"We received the phone call this afternoon from Robbie Fowler's agent telling us Robbie's decision that he would be staying at Leeds," he said. "As a club we are bitterly disappointed but these things do happen.

"Our manager, Kevin Keegan, is also disappointed but he thinks he is a great professional and a terrific person. We worked very hard to make this happen and we will just move on now.

"At this stage, as a club, we wish him all the luck in the world. He's been a terrific lad while he's been with us over the last few days and we'll move on."

The collapse of the move was also a disappointment for the Leeds board, who had been hoping to make new signings - including Brazilian World Cup midfielder Kleberson - with the money raised from Fowler's sale.

Celebrated as one of the most natural finishers in the game, Fowler joined Leeds in a surprise £11m move from Liverpool only 14 months ago.

His progress has been badly hampered by injury and he underwent hip surgery in the close season.

He returned to action in December but has mainly been confined to the substitutes' bench. Regardless of his problems, he has scored 14 goals in only 24 starts for United

whoever it is musta played in the 70's or 80's...and i have a feeling it was a germana player but cannae suss it out.

i'm in california at the moment and here it's all talk about about football, non stop football coverage on de telly, in de papers and on de street...the Superbowl is on in a couple of weeks and theyre all loopy about it.

at least the sun is shining

what a gyp

The most asked question in the history of The Knowledge bar none, you've mailed in this query-doing-the-rounds in your droves (now please stop), but not one single person has come up with the name of the player in question yet. Why? Well, it's simple: no such player exists. It's a trick question devised by some sadistic fiend who clearly gets his rocks off watching the demented minds of football trivia buffs slowly unravel.

However, a couple of our more astute readers have been kind enough to point out why exactly it is that no player could ever have played in all of the aforementioned derby matches. Again, it's simple. You see, they're not all derbies. Over to you Peter Malik ...

"I can't see any point in calling the game between Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Moenchengladbach a derby," he says, taking up the cudgels. "It has never been a derby and it never will be. Traditionally, derby opponents of Dortmund include Schalke 04 and Bochum, while Moenchengladbach play their derbies against Cologne and Leverkusen."

Jim Nicholson backs up the claim, explaining that if Dortmund v Moenchengladbach is a derby match then Stoke v Coventry must be one too, because they both have the word "City" in their names.

And finally, even with the word 'derby' expunged from the question, we're still buggered if we can find any player who has played in all five fixtures. We are, however, grudgingly prepared to stand corrected if anyone else can name one. And no, it was not Mario Stanic, Nicolas Anelka, Raul or Andrei Shevchenko. Trust us, we've checked all your suggestions so far.

Originally posted by snakybus
something I don't unnerstand

why is derby pronounced darby

derby o'gill and the little people

oh faith and begorra, tis the banshee
and what about sargent mannering spelt mainwairing from dads army?

what's that about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back