White Stripes (6 Viewers)

heh, i wrote storted. its a bit distracting the stortion on those drums

as far as I know Dave Friedman what records The Lips, doesn't use a mastering guy, he just prints the mixes and gets the sequenced. His stuff has been getting mega loud n' crispy of late, the last Sleater Kinney record was pratcially unlistenable to my ears, The Lips one was pretty crispy too. He's come out defending it saying it's the sound he wants, but it's pretty out there

Soft Bullten is lovely IMHO

as far as I know Dave Friedman what records The Lips, doesn't use a mastering guy, he just prints the mixes and gets the sequenced. His stuff has been getting mega loud n' crispy of late, the last Sleater Kinney record was pratcially unlistenable to my ears, The Lips one was pretty crispy too. He's come out defending it saying it's the sound he wants, but it's pretty out there

Soft Bullten is lovely IMHO

i know what you mean about that slater kinny album. it was mastered though, by greg calbi.

soft bulletin is an amazing sounding album. dunno what their recent albums sound like cause i'm usually asleep by the middle of the second song.

I believe the Sleater-Kinney record left Fridmann about as loud as it was gonna get.

I couldn't listen to it more than a couple of times.

from the steve hoffman forum:
"Originally Posted by Dave Fridmann
Hi. The volume is really just a by-product of the sound and was of no consideration to us while making the record. P.S. The vinyl should sound the same. It happened in the mix stage not the mastering. All I can say is that as always I was trying to help the band see their vision of their music.
If you see any of the interviews with the band, you will see that they really wanted to challenge the listeners idea of right and wrong and from the look of those posts I'd say it's a rousing success!"

I don't know whwere to put these things when there are 20+ White Stripes/Jack White threads
So it's going here

The new Jack White record is good

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back