Whiskey Tasting on Monday the 24th Oct (1 Viewer)

when we were in oban last month, we did the distillery tour. at one point, they siphoned whisky straight from an unfinished cask (10 or 11 years in) and let us have a taste. it was very strong, obviously, but by god it was damn good.
such a pity that the standard output, their 14 year, is actually quite bland in comparison. as i mentioned above, i got some of the distillery only edition, which is cask strength, and it's fantastic.

the great thing about oban is that if you give them a whiff of a notion that you'll buy more than just the one bottle of their standard stuff out of politeness, they'll throw stuff at you to taste. i walked out of the place quite merry; to be fair though, i spent 90 sterling, and herself spent 60.

I hate whiskey.

How can I change this?

Drink stuff that's a little more expensive than the standard well stuff.
Upgrade yourself from a standard Jameson to say a 12-y-o
Read tasting notes - they can read like pure wank but they will help you identify the variety and depth of flavour in a whiskey.
Find what you like. Some people like peaty smokey stuff, others like vanilla etc etc

Although if you already hate it, I'm not sure why you'd want to try.

I used to hate wine till I went to a proper tasting and tried a bunch of different types at once. It'd probably work with Whiskey as well but i'm worried it may be waayyyy too strong to go in in such a gung-ho way.

Drink stuff that's a little more expensive than the standard well stuff.
Upgrade yourself from a standard Jameson to say a 12-y-o
Read tasting notes - they can read like pure wank but they will help you identify the variety and depth of flavour in a whiskey.
Find what you like. Some people like peaty smokey stuff, others like vanilla etc etc

Although if you already hate it, I'm not sure why you'd want to try.

And pretty soon you'll be an annoying cunt like me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back