Whiskey Tasting on Monday the 24th Oct (1 Viewer)

nonemoreblack

Website
www.youtube.com
I'm presenting a wee whiskey tasting this coming Monday in the Workman's Club, Dublin.
It's only €15 and you will get a very informative interactive talk on Irish Whiskeys and get to try some of the really tasty stuff. There might even be some prizes to be won!

Tickets must be bought in advance from the Celtic Whiskey Shop, (my work) on Dawson Street and it kicks off at 7:30pm. If you are interested then pop into the shop and ask for me (Al) and say hi.

We're hoping to make this an on-going whiskey club and it would be great to see some Thumped heads there.

why the workmans, out of curiosity? do they have a good whiskey range?
bowes is usually where i end up when i want whiskey, but i appreciate it's probably far too small...

why the workmans, out of curiosity? do they have a good whiskey range?
bowes is usually where i end up when i want whiskey, but i appreciate it's probably far too small...

Karl at the Workmans asked me to do it for them. Bowes has a great range of whiskeys alright, as does Mulligans in Stoneybatter and a bunch of other places.

I'll keep you all posted on tickets, if it doesn't sell out we'll put some up for sale on the door. Also the shop is open until 8 so they can be bought right up until it starts.

you really got unlucky with the date.
myself and a mate were considering going, but the rain put paid to that.

did it go ahead?

was in scotland recently, came home with loads of whiskey. the oban distillery only bottle is the highlight for me, but herself leans more towards the caol ila or jura.

you really got unlucky with the date.
myself and a mate were considering going, but the rain put paid to that.

did it go ahead?

was in scotland recently, came home with loads of whiskey. the oban distillery only bottle is the highlight for me, but herself leans more towards the caol ila or jura.

Yeah it went ahead regardless! We got decent numbers despite the flood.

I'll be doing more in the next few months, give me a shout it you have any requests or ideas. I'm thinking whiskey and chocolate for the next one, then maybe a bourbon tasting, and obviously a Scottish single malt tasting at some point.

Yeah it went ahead regardless! We got decent numbers despite the flood.

I'll be doing more in the next few months, give me a shout it you have any requests or ideas. I'm thinking whiskey and chocolate for the next one, then maybe a bourbon tasting, and obviously a Scottish single malt tasting at some point.

These sound great. Hoping to make it to the next one.

is it true that the porter house have established a distillery in dingle? if so, might be worth their while getting someone up to talk about it.

They have one in the pipeline. Last time I spoke to them they had encountered of few problems, although they were hoping to get going by the end of the year. I must check up on the progress. The Dingle Brewing Company have plans to do a bit of distilling in the future, and William Grants (owners of Tullamore Dew) have made noises about building a distillery.

It's a particular type of investment, as it takes so long to mature the stuff.

Although there's a whiskey bar near me selling various brands of 'silver whiskey' which I guess is unmatured whiskey.
Mostly ryes it seems.
http://www.citizenpub.com/menus/whiskey/

Fuck me, but it's a great time to be alive.

It's a particular type of investment, as it takes so long to mature the stuff.

Although there's a whiskey bar near me selling various brands of 'silver whiskey' which I guess is unmatured whiskey.
minimum 3 years maturation in ireland before you can legally sell it as whiskey. it's a common ploy to sell samplers 'not for consumption' before that for publicity purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back