Where the punks? Where the goths? (1 Viewer)

Lollo Rosso (13 Mar, 2002 12

The goths are still lurking, they're just too old to be hanging out on street corners now. They used to crawl out of the woodwork for those Joy Division tribute nights. There are still a few goth/industrial/new wavey clubs happening very so often in Dublin.

oh man, they were so funny. the girl in the black wedding dress with the veil and all.. christ, i laughed and laughed.

I`LL TELL YOU WHERE ALL THEM SLEAZE ROCKERS WENT TO!!

actually no i can`t...

Royal trux split up last year..Niel heagerty is gone solo(in both sences) as his co-mate, the queen of sleaze rock went back on the shit....that aul rock`nroll story eh?!

Rimbaud (13 Mar, 2002 12:04 p.m.):
What about the scuzz/sleaze/garage rockers???!!!The Royal trux/pussy galore/new york sleaze fans??!!!??
Who grew up on the Velvets and the Dolls - cut their teeth on the Suicide/Cramps and drop out to the smokin sounds of Boss Hog/Chrome cranks/Scientists??!!??
Umm...*raising hand*...I was there - amazed and pleased that you liked the Scientists - still play them a lot - had a t-shirt I bought in Freeebird round '88 but it was VERY cheap material and it tore in two.

Rimbaud (13 Mar, 2002 12:19 p.m.):
I`LL TELL YOU WHERE ALL THEM SLEAZE ROCKERS WENT TO!!

actually no i can`t...

Royal trux split up last year..Niel heagerty is gone solo(in both sences) as his co-mate, the queen of sleaze rock went back on the shit....that aul rock`nroll story eh?!
Have to admit that I also liked Thee Hypnotics at the time too - Jesus , they were bollocks...

Rimbaud (13 Mar, 2002 12:04 p.m.):
What about the scuzz/sleaze/garage rockers???!!!The Royal trux/pussy galore/new york sleaze fans??!!!??
Who grew up on the Velvets and the Dolls - cut their teeth on the Suicide/Cramps and drop out to the smokin sounds of Boss Hog/Chrome cranks/Scientists??!!??

Still loads of 'em over here (in London) and in New York.

Hector Grey (13 Mar, 2002 11:52 a.m.):
i see. so you're sensitive.
why aren't you a misubnderstood genius like, ooh, say todd rungren?

Speaking of Sir Rundgren, does anyone have "Something/Anything?" by this man, or "The Ballad of Todd Rundgren". Those albums rock my pants off sideways. "Hermit of Mink Hollow" is kinda crappy tho... has he any other good albums? Most of his new ones have covers so frighteningly dodgy i'm afraid to buy one....

I think you'll have to talk to Clodagh there buddy! I don't have anything to do with GZ. I , like dudley, was just shamelessly promoting my own band who played there last thursday. But from the fliers I picked up I think they said Blood Red Cells, Dagda, yous boys and somebody else...can't remember who + don't quote me on above.

P.S. the name of that band I was shamelessly promoting was Denizens of Ilk...the best chick band in the world!!!

sorry :p

lorcanzo (13 Mar, 2002 02:31 p.m.):
rocktopus (13 Mar, 2002 01:07 p.m.):
and GZ club on Thursday nights
yeah would some post up about this?
we're playing but i dunno who else is...
dan? clodagh?

Lollo Rosso (13 Mar, 2002 02:46 p.m.):quote]

Still loads of 'em over here (in London) and in New York.

I KNEW I COULD RELY ON THE BIG OLD DECADENT CITIES OF THE WORLD TO KEEP WASTED LIZARDS LIKE US ALIVE!!!!
(OR MAYBE FOR KEEPING US IN DRUGS AND KEEPING US IN UNSAVOURY NEIGHBOURHOODS?!!!)
SLEAZE ROCK ROCKS!!

Lollo Rosso (13 Mar, 2002 12:06 p.m.):
Often wondered where the punx hang out these days,
tend to be a bunch of them at the club gz thingy in parnell moonies on thursdays
The goths are still lurking,

you tend to bump into alot of them in domingin in fraziers on saturday nights.

john (13 Mar, 2002 04:35 p.m.):

That Dagda mp3 on this site is fucking class.

Or at least it was until them fuckers shut the site down...

actually i'll re-upload it now.

Any other requests?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back