Whelan's into Mono.........? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Alex
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2
Mono, Mean Fiddler, Wexford inn whatever is being turned into The Village. Supposedly posh venue opening at the end of Feb. It belongs to whelans.

well i fucking hope its better than the barn it was when it was mono.. jesus..

wexford inn:rolleyes: madness...
apperently its going to be quite expensive, sortof around €400 per weeknight... crazy.

Well the venue looks posh but is very nice and the PA is excellent. The problem is size, too feckin big, how will they manage to fill it?

The Village...
jaysus, growin up in Cork, thats where all the indie happenings took place... The Village...
it was even done to look like a little village with shop facades and the like...
if they do this here too... ill kill em

and they can shove their 400bats up their respective holes

The Village is supposedly going to hold 700 people and apparantly they've spent a fortune on sorting out acustic and new pa. I think you'll find that what they are trying to do is fill the gap between whelans/tbmc and vicar st./ambassador. Seems like a good plan to me.

Originally posted by the pope
well i fucking hope its better than the barn it was when it was mono.. jesus..

wexford inn:rolleyes: madness...
apperently its going to be quite expensive, sortof around €400 per weeknight... crazy.

Un-fucking-believable.
If 400 euro is expensive for a venue, you are neither artisan nor businessman.
The begrudgery in this city boggles the mind.

If you can get 400 people to pay 10 quid into a gig in the village, you make 3500 blips after costs.
If you can't, don't fucking put your gig on in a venue that's obviously too big for you.
Duh!

If you want exhorbitant venue fees, go ask vicar st for a quote.
Or any other decent sized venue for that matter.

As for the redesign, i've been in there. It ain't finished, but it looks like it's going to be really nice. Cobble finish on the walls, the stage is being filled with concrete finally, the sound system is brand spanking new, there's a ludicrously priced midas desk going in the centre of the venue, rather than in the rafters as previously seen. Also, i've demanded a drum riser. Hell yeah.

If it's half as good as whelans reckon it's going to be it should be real nice.

Originally posted by the66electric
Once is doesn't turn into an elitist hive of beards i'm happy.
nah, i think jimmy cake band meetings are still going to be held in the museum of modern art, kilmainham.

Originally posted by the66electric
I reserve judgement till i'm in the place looking at a band. But 400 ain't too bad. TBMC costs 750.

I got a quote of €600 off them for a weekend night ...that's TBMC.

And that was this time last year.

But if it's a capacity of seven hundred, you'd want to be pretty damn sharp at promoting and all that jazz.

Still, if it works, it'll be deadly. Ricin deadly.

Originally posted by binky
Un-fucking-believable.
If 400 euro is expensive for a venue, you are neither artisan nor businessman.
The begrudgery in this city boggles the mind.

If you can get 400 people to pay 10 quid into a gig in the village, you make 3500 blips after costs.
If you can't, don't fucking put your gig on in a venue that's obviously too big for you.
Duh!

If you want exhorbitant venue fees, go ask vicar st for a quote.
Or any other decent sized venue for that matter.

plus it will put an end to bigger bands booking whelans for 3 nights in a row - Paddy Casey or Jimmy Cake or whatnot - when they can now play The Village. Which means there will be more free dates/chance of getting a gig in whelans ...

sounds good to me.

ungrudgery

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back