What's yr favorite film soundtrack? (1 Viewer)

ruttiger said:
yeah i think i was! most of those comedies yourself and aob mentioned are from the 80's - I can't think of many decent modern ones

wes anderson stuff / napoleon dynamite
all that sappy but funny shit - good soundtracks

Oooh Flash Gordon soundtrack, of course.

Also, South Pacific is great, really great. How could you not like a soundtrack with songs like
"Happy Talk"
"There Is Nothing Like A Dame"
"Bloody Mary"
"A Cock-Eyed Optimist"
"I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair"
"I'm In Love With A Wonderful Guy"

i'm such a fag

Has any posted 2001: A Space Odyssey. Blue Danube in space is a totally amazing scene. Also those wailing opera voices when they are checking out the monolith on the moon for the first time.
Actually i'm sure this has already been posted. Havent read through the whole thread.

all about lilly chou chou.

the use of yes' heart of the sunrise at the end of buffalo 66 is awesome.

edward scissorhands (sad music theme)

the canyon chase scene/mustafa's death from the lion king is great. it used to get me all adrenalised when i was a young 'un.

i also like old skool random synth noise zombie flick soundtracks, although i probably wouldn't listen to 'em alone.

A few more, purely at random:

Something Wild
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Morvern Callar
Grace of my heart
Dead Presidents
Do the right thing
Mean Streets
Event Horizon
Wonderland
8 1/2, or anything by nino rota
Storytelling

I was freaked when I went to download the soundtrack and it had all the music except that piano music. another good reason to try before you buy downloading
Unclealo said:
That's actually the same soundtrack to Millers Crossing by Carter Burwell. Wonder why they decided to reuse it :confused:

Quincy Jones - The Lost Man / In The Heat Of The Night
Lalo Schiffrin - The Cincinatti Kid / Sudden Impact - The Best Of Dirty Harry / Bullitt / Enter The Dragon
Herbie Hancock - Blow Up / Death Wish

Jubilee
Sid and Nancy
Straight To Hell
Ennio Morricone - Once Upon A Time In America/The West / L'Assoluto Naturele / Quando L'Amore E' Sensualita' / Bluebeard

Roy Budd - Diamonds / Fear Is The Key / Get Carter

Sesame Street - Follow That Bird
Mallrats / Clerks
Blue Collar
The Godfather
Badalamenti - everything
Taxi Driver

Best​
- Repo Man
- Over The Edge - brilliant movie and soundtrack

Great is the music to Black Cat, White Cat...I've been listening to it for the past few hours.

The soundtrack for Underground is also legendary but I haven't managed to hear it yet. Bregovic is (allegedly) the shit.

By which I mean "of above-average quality".

quasiquasi said:
Great is the music to Black Cat, White Cat...I've been listening to it for the past few hours.

The soundtrack for Underground is also legendary but I haven't managed to hear it yet. Bregovic is (allegedly) the shit.

By which I mean "of above-average quality".

Kusturica is so great. Time of the Gypsies possibly his best. I was listening to the Underground soundtrack by the band 'Kalashnikov'. Pretty Wild. Me likey.
:)

The Draughtman's Contract (the re-scored & re-recorded version on the The Composer's Cut Series-Vol.1). 'The Garden Is Becoming a Robe Room' is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard. And it has the ridiculously bombastic version of 'An Eye For Optical Theory' on it. Really amazing stuff.

This version (the original is good but nowhere near as good)

MNRCD105.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back