What's yr favorite film soundtrack? (1 Viewer)

kirstie said:
JUDGEMENT NIGHT

there can be no other contender.

Great soundtrack. But what's the film like?

Does anyone remember for the film Spawn they tried to do a similar trick with dance and metal acts? It sucked big time, from what I recall...

oh nothing less than the best film ever of course.

One of us said:
Great soundtrack. But what's the film like?

Does anyone remember for the film Spawn they tried to do a similar trick with dance and metal acts? It sucked big time, from what I recall...

137711.jpg

"Look at 'em, ordinary fucking people, I hate 'em."

the bongo said:
that michael douglas and demi moore office sex thingy. been a while since i've seen this, terrible film, but i seem to remember some good scoring.

Funny, I was just thinking this about lame movies. Risky Business was on the telly the other night, and the soundtrack (kinda After Hours style synthy 80s job) was just ten times smarter than anything else in the movie.

dazed and confused - there's two volumes of the soundtrack and they're both necessary...
for original music, probly suspiria or profondo rosso or something
yr right andy, the texas chainsaw massacre music is kool

bollox to that! it's actually the wicker man, hands down...

let us not forgot terminators one and two. the first being the most terrifying synths ever, the second having some of the best fucked up pyschotic percussion killer music ever - specific reference to that whole scene in the mental hospital with the T1000. awesome!

more lists?

does noone like the old musicals? showboat, carousel, south pacific?

there aint nothin like a dame, screw you vangelis!

Fave soundtracks: Dancer in the Dark, Yann Tiersen stuff blah blah blah

What pisses me off is when you can't buy the souhndtrack to a film. I really want a copy of the score Simon Boswell wrote for the Warzone (grim film about incest). There is some totally lovely piano music in it. Can I find a copy anywhere? No. I think I might be cheeky and email the composer and demand he burns me a copy.

'the hills have eyes' and 'last house on the left' both have amazing scores
david hess star of lhotl wrote some big hits for elvis nad pat boone. 'now you're all alone' is one of my favourite songs ever. the post gross rape scene / no will to live usage in the film is pretty amazing.
hills have eyes - knightrider theme guy did it. ridic! loads of dark synths. great.
should be a rule that people have to write about t'music on pointless threads like this

nlgbbbblth said:
Midnight Express
Exorcist II: The Heretic
Repo Man

the music from exorcist two is great alright, also...

vanishing point

warriors

flying island of laputa

akira (largely for personal/associative reasons)

the end theme from spirited away

and i have nay heard it in yonks but i used to like the piano music from candyman.

barry devorzons synth stuff on the warriors soundtrack is amazing
the rest of it is kinda mediocre...still one of my favourite films. there's a song on the OST i have that isn't in the movie. weird. buck 65 sample.

philip glass candyman score is great. cheap re-use in candyman2

i wouldn't consider the music to koyanasquatsi a 'soundtrack' - it's of equal importance t'what you see.

anyway

MONDOBRUTALE said:
'the hills have eyes' and 'last house on the left' both have amazing scores
david hess star of lhotl wrote some big hits for elvis nad pat boone. 'now you're all alone' is one of my favourite songs ever. the post gross rape scene / no will to live usage in the film is pretty amazing.
hills have eyes - knightrider theme guy did it. ridic! loads of dark synths. great.
should be a rule that people have to write about t'music on pointless threads like this

must pick up the LHOTL soundtrack off Hess site

DAVIDHESS_LIVECD.jpg

DavidHessandSons.jpg

MONDOBRUTALE said:
barry devorzons synth stuff on the warriors soundtrack is amazing
the rest of it is kinda mediocre...still one of my favourite films. there's a song on the OST i have that isn't in the movie. weird. buck 65 sample.
Here, on the subject of the Warriors soundtrack; does anyone know what song it is that comes on when The Baseball Furies are fighting the Warriors?
Fuckin' deadly, so 'tis. :)

My favorite soundtracks:

-Eternal Sunshine

-Vanilla Sky

-Lost in Translation

-Garden State (cool shins song "caring is creepy" from "oh inverted world" record)

!baggyyyy

avernus said:
ya that Garden State soundtrack is pretty good. Also love Lost in Translation soundtrack.

Yeah, went to see GS in the cinema, was just sitting there saying to myself...this soundtrack is sweat!!! Something about that movie too, makes me wanna be a better person! As for Lost in Translation, i've never wanted to visit Tokyo more. ( and as for scarlet.... )

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back