Whats your ideal job? (2 Viewers)

freight train driver in the states,im forever watching train nerd videos on youtube
fucking amazing.failing that i'd settle for being a train hopping hobo.

i hope you've seen this before. showing up in the morning and turning this yoke on and just watching it wouldn't be bad.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i cant think of an ideal job yet.

i hope you've seen this before. showing up in the morning and turning this yoke on and just watching it wouldn't be bad.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i cant think of an ideal job yet.

they should have prisoners laying those yokes by hand

alcoholic ex-cop turned P.I.

As far as I can remember that was Shaney's job :)

My idea job would be varied and involve working outdoors. The job I most enjoyed was when I worked in an architectural salvage yard when I was about 16. Every day was different. Some days we'd be off on the lorry to pick up stuff, others would be sent cleaning and sorting, selling bits here and there. Cleaning bricks; cleaning, checking and sorting slates; quantifying timber flooring; pulling up flooring - wood, tiles, even cobblestones; mixing lime mortar and lime dashing... all out in whatever weather was being thrown at us (although, when it was really bad we'd hide in the shed and re-quantify the timber or something). If I could do that and get paid my current salary I'd be a happy bunny.

Visiting these places would be my idea of heaven.
You can have my job then. There's not much beauty in the factories I go to. Except maybe when you're in a plant that uses liquid nitrogen and the tanks start venting, around dusk when there's noone about. Then there's a cool eerie fog running along the ground. Actually factories with conveyor systems are cool too. Just watching stuff going from one machine to the other and being arranged into order is (oddly) nice.

I hate my job though. Cutting grass FTW.

You can have my job then. There's not much beauty in the factories I go to. Except maybe when you're in a plant that uses liquid nitrogen and the tanks start venting, around dusk when there's noone about. Then there's a cool eerie fog running along the ground. Actually factories with conveyor systems are cool too. Just watching stuff going from one machine to the other and being arranged into order is (oddly) nice.

I hate my job though. Cutting grass FTW.

Sweet I'm there. You can have my sitting in a van occaisionally delivering furniture job (actually I kind of like that job)

Working in IT...so I can pretend to work, but really spend half my day on a music-related message board.

I worked in a factory making cartoons for years. spent the whole time, not thinkng at all, listing to deadly music on headphones, and nipping out during breaks and lunch to smoke a quick bowl.

tell you the truth, only real job I ever had was boxing groceries at the supermarket 25 years ago. even then, I was popping lsd every day, having a laugh and taking my responsibility in earnest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back