Advice & suggestions RE:Pro Studio Sound (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Roight!This is my dilemna....

I have an CD worth of stuff all tracked and ready to rock.Fucking AMAZING shit naturally.Anyway,I want to make a cd but
my level of skill in the area of sound engineering is rudimentary and I don't wanna jip my loyal punters by presenting them with a product that dosent live up to mine and their rightfully lofty expectations of what my music should sound like when you get home and bang the disc into the deck.
Now in my opinion,the work is mostly done....insofar as I love the way it sounds..but I would, because I believe I am Gods Gift To Music etc...
So I need that second set of PRO ears with the expertise to fine tune the mixes so that I deliver the very best sound possible to give the material its best shot of making me superfamous and rich,to which end ,I plan on making 200 cdrs of the thing to be sold at my next and subsequent gigs.
Now,I've gotten radioplay with stuff I've done so I know my productions can cut it and I'll prolly end up just doing it all myself because frankly my hopes of finding what I'm looking for in this thread are slim...but..a closed mouth gets no food and I havent started a thread in ages.
The whole question of studio sound quality and the pros and cons of mixing in the box on half fucked 4th hand entry level monitors in a wholly unsuitable cavern of a room with the background din of a pubload of Laois men eating chips under my window as opposed to the infinitely more desirable studio option has been on my mind lately.

Ideally,I would like to take the multis into a studio and have the engineer there do the biz at my direction.Its just a tidy up job really....birra eq,birra reverb,birra psychoacoustic soundstaging and a dash of transient design.

Problem!Money.I have none.And I doubt this kind of service can be obtained without it.

Solutions...HIT ME!

Just ended up teaching myself in the end.

Grand job.

Just ended up teaching myself in the end.

Grand job.

Just ended up teaching myself how to do it at home in the end.

Grand job.

I listed to a new one you had on twitter there recently, (fly tipping?) definitely sounded better than the older ones, or so i thought lisitening on me phone anyway.

I listed to a new one you had on twitter there recently, (fly tipping?) definitely sounded better than the older ones, or so i thought lisitening on me phone anyway.

Thanks Shaney.Yeah even that version of that is'nt perfect but the next day it was.I'm gonna stop uploading tunes the minute I finish them.Needs to be a cooling off period of a day to make the final adjustments.

I'm treating my room now and everythings getting easier.

BTW..this thread yielded a response from a studio and engineer but I declined the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back