Whats the fastest broadband in Ireland? (1 Viewer)

all the broadband packages are pretty cheap now, like 30 - 50 quid a month? i have ntl in dublin, its pretty fast.

30-50 snots a month is pretty dear for the shite packages being offered, compared to what our european cousins get.
over here i have the eircom 2mb deal for 30 euros a month, and i get actual download speeds of about 250 kb/s
In sweden i get downloads of 1mb/s for the same price, although the package is meant to 8mb, my mate has a similar hook up in berlin.
anyone get dl of 1mb or more here?

Yes i was prompted to start this thread becaus emy friend in london was getting a 12Mb line for £25 or there abouts.

That costs in the region of €80 here. And thats sharing it with 25 other people. We have a dedicated 4Mb here in our office, which in total costs €105/month.

Apparantly Japan get speeds of 90Mb/s on average which is more than twice the second place - France who are in and aout 40 on average.

I use it and i have to say its rock solid.

Pings are usually around 20ms and when using speed download on mac i get 1.5 mb a second download consistently. Really handy if you like your news binaries. 120gb a month cap.

I hear that UPC/NTL can be crappy depending on where you are though.

cool. I reckon they do have it in our area, theyve been bombarding us with literature.

Do you ever reach your 120/month? And do you have to have the tv aswell?

cool. I reckon they do have it in our area, theyve been bombarding us with literature.

Do you ever reach your 120/month? And do you have to have the tv aswell?

You can get it independant of tv but its only an extra 15 quid a month for digital on top of that.

First 6 months are half price and you get a free wireless router.

I've never broken that 120gb cap but it could be done. I downloaded the entire 5th season of the wire in around 45 minutes the other day and that was 3 or 4 gigs worth.

It looks the biz alright.
Apparently I can get the 6mb bband and the TV thing for less than I pay Eircom for bband and a phone that never worked.

NTL just informed me that they wont be servicing Inchicore with broadband until October. Inchicore! It's practically in town!

What are the best options among the companies I have never heard of. *

*I have never heard of any other companies including O2 & 3.

I live in Inchicore too, I'm about to get the internet in, also thought of ntl since I have their tv. Bad bad news Vinnie.
I definitely don't want anything with line rental, and also I live in a large apartment building so I think there'd be a problem with installing anything outside, like a satelite, so I don't know what options are left. Any advice?

I live in Inchicore too, I'm about to get the internet in, also thought of ntl since I have their tv. Bad bad news Vinnie.
I definitely don't want anything with line rental, and also I live in a large apartment building so I think there'd be a problem with installing anything outside, like a satelite, so I don't know what options are left. Any advice?
Just get clearwire for a year, works fine for surfing etc: but no torrents allowed...

Same here. NTL say broadband will be available in the 'core in October so we can expect it sometime next summer. I reckon I'll go with Clearwire or Ripwave for the time being...

Same here. NTL say broadband will be available in the 'core in October so we can expect it sometime next summer. I reckon I'll go with Clearwire or Ripwave for the time being...

Do you just want it for general browsing/email?

I'd look into getting a broadband addon with your mobile phone. You can get 3g broadband with o2 for 7 quid a month. Grand for light browsing and you can cancel it whenever you want.

Ripwave is HORRENDOUS

Do you just want it for general browsing/email?

I'd look into getting a broadband addon with your mobile phone. You can get 3g broadband with o2 for 7 quid a month. Grand for light browsing and you can cancel it whenever you want.

Ripwave is HORRENDOUS

Only broadband I can find with o2 (who Im with) is 30 bucks a month?

You can use any 3g mobile phone as a modem. Its faster and far more reliable than ripwave. I use it all the time. I just connect to my laptop via bluetooth and its fine for browsing, email and the likes of youtube. Plus you can get online anywhere you have a phone signal.

Theres 3 different price plans for it with o2. Its not very well explained on the website.

Use your phone to surf the internet? Then we’ve got a great add on deal for you.
To sign up for any of our Data Add ons, please call O2 Customer Care on 1909 free of charge.
Internet on your Mobile
To access the Internet on your mobile handset you can pay per KB data charges set out in your Pay Monthly plan or you can purchase a Data Add on. The pricing for Data add ons is set out below.

€7.50 250MB
€15.00 1GB
€30.00 10GB

You just call o2 and get them to add it onto your bill. It'd be ideal if you just wanted something to get you by between now and october.

What type of computer are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back