What's the Craic in Krakow? (1 Viewer)

i was there last year on a similar romantic break thingy. had a deadly time. First thing to do when you get there is go to the Malopolskie Tourist office(www.mcit.pl) which is near the Cloth Hall to get maps etc etc. There are two free monthly magazines- Welcome to Kracow and Kracow- what, when? which are deadly, you will find them in this tourist office. they are really practical. Things worth seeing are the old town, st mary's Church and Wawel Castle which are all really cheap and deadly. don't bother going to the dragons cave in the castle tho, its novelty only. ..not a dragon in sight. the Jewish quater is amazing too, lots of interesting synagoges n stuff.

Before you go buy a polish/english dictionary and expect a bit of hassle with food if yr vegetarian cos its not popular in poland.also you can visit the camps of Auscwitz and Birkenau from Krakow but its 2 and a half hours on the train passing through some really dodgy areas so make sure you sit in a well populated carriage and don't travel back on a late train..muggings are popular.
its a deadly city and there is loads to do. if you need anything else just pm me.

nEiLo said:
thanks for that. where did you stay?

the hotel chopin, it was cheap and cheerful when we went..very thin walls tho, woke up one morning to hear a woman crying very noisly, not good. also the receptionist was a frosty biatch to us cos we weren't married and happened to be sharin a bed...saucy. a bit like the travel tavern in alan partridge if truth be told. nice place to lay yr head, the trams stop right outside and a taxi from the centre will cost you about 3-4 euro if yr keepin the romance alive..it was very neat and tidy and had a restaurant in it which seemed to be packed every night so i guess the food was good.
http://www.cracow-life.com/krakow/where_to_sleep/hotels_details/372-Hotel_Chopin

oh yeah Wawel castle and the national museum are free on sundays so if yr on a budget thats pretty useful to know. i didn't know that till someone told me when i came home..brilliant.

cpr said:
visit the camps of Auscwitz ...really dodgy areas...don't travel back on a late train..muggings are popular...getting stabbed in the hole with a fiery syringe...

sounds romantic alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back