What's floating your boat today? (2 Viewers)

Just getting out of bed, but i`ve still managed to had a listen to these;
Glass Candy - Love, Love, love,
A Luna Red - SLMZK(twice)
Jesus Lizard - Shot - Trephination is on now...

Then a blast of Books Lie before heading to shitty vork(work).

Fuck Vork i say.

right on dude - fuck work
hey eamo - i think scientifc bong and i are hitting up limerick next friday - make sure yer not workin so you can start the mosh pit

andrew

the previous sufjan stevens lp, michigan, is unbelievably great.
seven swans is pretty cool but michigan wees all over it, and the whole 51 albums concept is pretty deadly. daunting for him, i imagine though

the high stool i think - scientifc bong / bullets / 7.10
i could be way off on this but i was told that last night
it's 14.50 in cos we're buying an ounce for the galway gig the next day

andrew

goblin: dawn of the dead (ost)
harmonia '76: tracks and traces
thinking plague: in extremis / a history of madness
doll by doll: remember
pan sonic: kesto
mission of burma: offonoff (or is it onoffon?)
the birthday party: hee-haw
sun kil moon: ghosts of the great highway
nurse with wound:salt marie celeste
catching up on all my mike oldfield records and lots of north african gear

lorcanzo said:
is probot any good? i hear its pants.
I really like it... but i can't really see it appealing to people that missed out on the bands first time round since most of it is just straight up "song in the style of (x) sung by singer from (x)".

It is what it is. I'm loving it.

edit: MAJOR let down is the Lee Dorrian track being in the style of Cathedral instead of Napalm Death. Fucking wusses.

probot was the biggest disappointment for me since apollyon sun (tom g. warriors band after celtic frost) when is he going to appear on a good record again???. that probot sound is way too qotsa nu-metal for me.

chickenham said:
probot was the biggest disappointment for me since apollyon sun (tom g. warriors band after celtic frost) when is he going to appear on a good record again???. that probot sound is way too qotsa nu-metal for me.
biggest disappointment tom g warrior was ever involved in WAS Celtic Frost. How anyone could go from Morbid Tales to Cold Lake is beyond me.

in about 20 minutes, i'll be listening to the new Suffocation album - WHICH I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED 10 MINUTES AGO!

fridays rule.

chickenham said:
Explain the link between qotsa and nu metal?

just popped social distortion "white light,white heat,white trash" into the walkman for the stroll home. not really "walking music" but an excellent album.

Zappa

lorcanzo said:
as regards zappa, i've heard a bit of his stuff on a mix tape someone made for me, where d'ya think would be a good place to start?
Get "Lumpy Gravy", it's his best album (imho), and is constantly surprising. Very entertaining!

Hmm, I'm a bit late...but I do most of my listening first thing in the morning or at night, so...

Squarepusher presents Budakhan Microphone. Particularly 'Iambic 5 Poetry' - almost as good as ye old pentameter, wha? And a mixtape made by a kind friend containing, amongst other gems, a Supremes track I've been meaning to get hold of for ages ('My World Is Empty Without You').

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back