Whats better for live Drum machines or backing tracks? (1 Viewer)

Speed Racer

Website
www.c64.com
Due to every drummer who's ever come through our door being shit, or having shit taste, or being a lead drummer (except for one Excellent Session drummer), I've had to programme our own beats on computer using grea drum samples and ACID/Sound forge/fruity loops. But I need to know whats the best way to play along to this live? Minidisc or laptop or something?

Speed Racer said:
Due to every drummer who's ever come through our door being shit, or having shit taste, or being a lead drummer (except for one Excellent Session drummer), I've had to programme our own beats on computer using grea drum samples and ACID/Sound forge/fruity loops. But I need to know whats the best way to play along to this live? Minidisc or laptop or something?

banjo.

Speed Racer said:
or being a lead drummer
What's a lead drummer?

We used a drum machine (or a tape recording of one, twas before the days of laptops or minidiscs) for about a year for live stuff, and it's not particularly pleasant. Sure you don't have as many tempo and tightness problems but christ it makes playing hard work and certain things are pretty much impossible ... like dropping drums in and out and a lot of vocal-led stuff

Speed Racer said:
I was asking for someone's advice who knows anything about electronic music. not a useless blabbermouth's. Ta

Banjo?

...yer a larf a minute. ho ho ho

c'mon speedy we haven't had a yak in ages..its what the punters want.really.

lead drummer? you're gas altogether.Dont listen to them..never change.

egg_ said:
What's a lead drummer?

We used a drum machine (or a tape recording of one, twas before the days of laptops or minidiscs) for about a year for live stuff, and it's not particularly pleasant. Sure you don't have as many tempo and tightness problems but christ it makes playing hard work and certain things are pretty much impossible ... like dropping drums in and out and a lot of vocal-led stuff

A lead drummer is a guy who cums in his pants everytime he plays the drums really loud, therefore all he wants to do is that. Like a lead guitarist who won't shut the fuck up for a min. We play along thru our mixing desk in the studio and it sounds great.

Latex lizzie said:
c'mon speedy we haven't had a yak in ages..its what the punters want.really.

lead drummer? you're gas altogether.Dont listen to them..never change.
Oh no. How hurtful.............our mp3's have got us talkin to a label in England so I don't really give a shit what you think. Your opinion an all. At least we don't sound like anyone else in this shithole country. I could come up with a load of symbols for the kind of stuff you're probably into.

SpeedRacer said:
Oh no. How hurtful.............our mp3's have got us talkin to a label in England so I don't really give a shit what you think. Your opinion an all. At least we don't sound like anyone else in this shithole country. I could come up with a load of symbols for the kind of stuff you're probably into.

..wow this sound like the shit you came out with last time..best band in the world blah blah.You were shite then and guess what...

Latex lizzie said:
..wow this sound like the shit you came out with last time..best band in the world blah blah.You were shite then and guess what...

I never said best band in the world at all. See...thats not what I want on this thread. Fake speedracer and lizzie goin head to head. Lizzie go away. You have no talent, except that you sound like a womans magazine everytime you open yer gob. And I saw Papercop 3 times live. Once ok, second and third time = Feedback, posing and audience exits. Ha ha...your Art is smashing.

uh...big black...and a million other amazing bands who had drum machines
(in response to "blhabhl stop playing")

andrew

Speed Racer said:
I never said best band in the world at all. See...thats not what I want on this thread. Fake speedracer and lizzie goin head to head. Lizzie go away. You have no talent, except that you sound like a womans magazine everytime you open yer gob. And I saw Papercop 3 times live. Once ok, second and third time = Feedback, posing and audience exits. Ha ha...your Art is smashing.

..best review ever.Fact.Cheers.

Latex lizzie said:
Listen twat, you don't know anything about my tastes and I don't know much about yours, I'll give anything a go, in my collection I've got stuff like Boards of Canada, Brian Eno, Sonic Youth, Velvet Underground. I like weird shit too, you know.

GrRrrrR said:
Play a few gigs with a drum machine. See if you like it. If you do, stop playing music.

The actual samples used on drum machines are usually crappy midi. And no I won't stop. Will you?

SpeedRacer said:
Listen twat, you don't know anything about my tastes and I don't know much about yours, I'll give anything a go, in my collection I've got stuff like Boards of Canada, Brian Eno, Sonic Youth, Velvet Underground. I like weird shit too, you know.

.. again quality posting. from you.I was unhappy earlier today. Now not so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back