What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (5 Viewers)

Take a look around at how many people who are supposedly irish music journalists are documenting this.

It takes *A LOT* for them to do anything other than copypaste.

Never thought I’d be saying this but bring back Jim Carroll. I can’t think of any other Irish music journalist as willing to take on things that rock the boat.

That wasn't a defence @moose . I meant "just because I like someone's music doesn't mean they're not a scumbag"

It's still deflection, like why mention them at all? What relevance do they have to the discussion of Versatile's behaviour?

It's still deflection, like why mention them at all? What relevance do they have to the discussion of Versatile's behaviour?
Erm ...

YoungHearts: Versatile are wankers, and their music is shit
egg_: I like their music, but that doesn't mean they aren't wankers

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here @moose

Can you not defend the act you like without resorting to "these other guys are scumbags too"? What does NWA being nice or not nice people have to do with Versatile being called on their shit? May as well say Hitler was a bad person so Versatile should be let off the hook.

No, fuck that. Hitler got the trains running on time. What have Versatile ever done for public transport? God, I hate them even more now.

Erm ...

egg_: I like their music, but that doesn't mean they aren't wankers

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here @moose

Maybe nothing wrong I just don't get why you need to mention an entirely unrelated act. Like this below which I took as deflecting attention from Versatile. :)

egg_: I like their music, but that doesn't mean they aren't wankers. Now look over there at NWA.

Maybe nothing wrong I just don't get why you need to mention an entirely unrelated act. Like this below which I took as deflecting attention from Versatile. :)

egg_: I like their music, but that doesn't mean they aren't wankers. Now look over there at NWA.
As I said, I mentioned NWA to illustrate that the fact that I like someone's music doesn't mean that I approve of their behaviour.

As I said, I mentioned NWA to illustrate that the fact that I like someone's music doesn't mean that I approve of their behaviour.

Yes I know and I just explained my thought pattern for ya.

Never thought I’d be saying this but bring back Jim Carroll. I can’t think of any other Irish music journalist as willing to take on things that rock the boat.

On further reflection i'm kinda thinking what we need is irish music journos with some level of stability / comfort (salary probably) because the culture of zero criticism/analysis is all built around not pissing people off who might be worth money later. Could be a vicuous cirlce there too either way. But FOR THE LOVE OF GOD its the most boring time in music literally ever and here we have a legit story with some actual serious drama attached and its like 'here's your top ten emails i got this week'. Nevermind letting the whole of non-PR irish music history just fuck off into oblivion..

Follow up query:

would you prefer if people could be cancelled?

I agreed with what you were saying a few days ago - people in procarious jobs actually get 'cancellled' in real terms. I probably just am more interested in figuring out the underlying reasons that we have a (media) society that elevates the sociopaths than just hiding them all somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back