What time your kids go to sleep/get up? (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
4-year-old: Goes to bed at 7 pm; then either talks non-stop till 8 or 8.30 to sister (2), who ignores her or says "sshh", or else tries to sneak out of the room three or four times, with varying excuses, such as needing a hug, needing to do a wizz, or wanting "the brown and white teddy" who DOESN'T EXIST. Might not sleep till like 9. In spite of the resulting late night, gets up at goddam 6 AM, before anyone else is awake--even the 6 week old, demanding that her long-suffering pater gets up. How does a kid survive on so little sleep?

2-year old: Also 7 pm, complains about having to go to bed. However, she conks out like a cannonball landing in a freshly-ploughed field till whenever she's woken in the morning (usually by the piercing sound of 4-year-old giving out to her long-suffering pater for "not smiling properly" or somesuch). She'd probably sleep till 7 or 7.30 only for that. Missing the half-hour's or hour's sleep that she does, then, makes her like the baby antichrist. "Bockle! Daddy! Bockle!"

6-week-old: will go to sleep at like 9 if you put her down, but starts going "ergh ergh ergh" after about 10 minutes. Complicated situations with soothers falling out and demand for boobage ensue throughout the night, of which I'm vaguely aware - but sometimes she'll just wake once at around 3.30, or sometimes she'll keep waking up. In spite of the fact that she can neither walk nor crawl, somehow she ends up in our bed, and if you're not facing her she hits you until you are. Gets up at like 6.30-7 or 8, demanding coffee, croissants, and the Financial Times.

6-week-old: ... if you're not facing her she hits you until you are. Gets up at like 6.30-7 or 8, demanding coffee, croissants, and the Financial Times.

This sounds disturbingly like my routine. Okay, apart from the demand for boobage, but including the hits you until your're facing her bit. Hmm.

my 6 yr oldgoes to bed at 7.30 on a school night and 8-8.30 weekends and summer and i have to drag her out of bed in the mornings. its all about the wind down time, 30 mins of getting ready for bed, change wash and book, keep to it even if you've been busy all day and just want to veg out. if they come out of the room once tell them they need to go back to bed and go to sleep, second time dont say anything and jusy bring them back, keep this up, after a while they'll get that they're just gonna get put right back to bed, 7 nights of this and you should have you're nights to yourself again (well except for the newborn).
i take my sisters kids a few nights a week (aged 3 & 1) and i have them in this routine till they go back home and my sister lets them stay up late cos she's missed them but it backfires on her and they're both up all night. i know it might sound harsh and i do feel like a bitch with them but its better then them being cranky the next day and less chance of me wanting to scream at 3am.

School time the lads are supposed to be in bed by 8pm. Then up dressed and having breakfast by 8am in order to be in school for 9am (it's a 5min walk away that'll tell you how much dilly-dallying goes on).

The summer and bright evenings plays havoc with that and by the time they're in bed asleep it might be 9.30pm or 10pm by which time all the parents are fit to do it stick on Curb Your Enthusiasm and watch it in bed.

My little one stands up in the cot and jumps up and down until someone takes her out.
She wakes about 6 in the morning... asleep by 8.30 usually.

putting my pair to bed right now. always around 7pm, as soon as the kids show is over.
my 4 year old is pretty good now, asleep usually 10 or so minutes after reading.
his one year old sister usually takes a bit longer but keeps to herself in the cot, moving around and talking jibberish.
both wake up, almost without fail at 6am.
this seems to be the general buzz, glad some things are normal!

HMB (nearly 10 weeks) settles around 8:30-9pm, wakes for a quick feed around 3 or 4am and then sleeps until 9am.

He can vary a bit, last night he settled at his usual time, was fed at midnight and then slept until 8am. Had his breakfast, went back to bed and slept until 10am :)

the older fella goes to bed at 8pm, a little later if he's had a nap during the day. He generally takes 30 minutes to go to sleep and often runs around upstairs, but can't get down as the gate is locked. He has a habit of having the occasional dirty nappy after he's put down which means changing him in his room. He tells us by means of shouting down the stairs. He normally wakes by 8.00am.

The little one [10 months] goes down around the same time. Takes a while to settle but getting better. Sometimes she wakes during the night for boobage [usually once] and is normally awake by 7.30am or so.

The kids up the road, 8 and 11 years old go to bed in the vicinity of 2am.

The parents hide in their garage to smoke weed.

Dropping over to them distresses me.

Jazes,bedtime.I generally don't take any guff(extremely precocious 2 year old)and she knows it, so after a bit of a 2 minute whinge she just crashes out.Mammy on the other hand is a bit softer............with disastrous consequences/general messing and acting the eejit.

The kids up the road, 8 and 11 years old go to bed in the vicinity of 2am.

The parents hide in their garage to smoke weed.

Dropping over to them distresses me.

Whats the weed like?

Isabelle (3) is usually in bed around half eight. If it's a bright evening you can usually hear her blathering away, or "reading" to her toys, until it gets dark. Wakes anytime between 7 and 9 - earlier if there's been excitement the day before, later if she's been to bed late for a few days in a row.

The odd time she chances coming out of her room, but I always make a big show of being mad if she does, in order to try and make sure she doesn't ever catch us doing something we don't want her to see

The odd time she chances coming out of her room, but I always make a big show of being mad if she does, in order to try and make sure she doesn't ever catch us doing something we don't want her to see

Thats what I call a top tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back