What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

Finished Series One of The Wire over the weekend. Late getting into this but yeah, the hype is totally justified. Best tv show I've ever seen.
Stringer Bell studied at Trinity College Dublin?!

Yeah, it was McNutty who went to Trinity.

But Stringer did a PLC in Ballyfermot i think

got Carnivale on order....only saw it once before -
heard it's great but doesn't resolve properly........
any fans?

We watched the whole thing. I heard that they cut its funding, so they had to end it a series before they had originally planed. The last series (3?) is very condensed. I thought it was great. Its quite fucked up.

Brother Justin is one of HBO's better characters.
ep11_justin_feeds_ben_razor.jpg

Gissa job. Go on. Giss ih’, I’m here, go on. Giss ih’

12767-large.jpg

This is deadly shit altogether. Just watched all of it and the teleplay over the last week or so.

We watched the whole thing. I heard that they cut its funding, so they had to end it a series before they had originally planed. The last series (3?) is very condensed. I thought it was great. Its quite fucked up.

Brother Justin is one of HBO's better characters.
ep11_justin_feeds_ben_razor.jpg

just finished up season 1 last night....and went straight onto the first
episode of season 2 - show is amazing. i know i'm gonna be let down
by the non resolved ending though.

CB-Art-01.jpg

Big Love, series 2.
Series 1 wasn't great, but the other half got 2 anyway. Its very good.
Its about Polygamists, and mentalists in Utah.
Very character based, more similar to 6 feet under or The Sopranos than other HBO stuff.

1163803933438.jpg

Almost finished watching season 1-3 of Deadwood - 4 episodes left.
Currently stockpiling S05 of The Wire and have Carnivale seasons 1-2 on the way from Amazon.

just finished up season 1 last night....and went straight onto the first
episode of season 2 - show is amazing. i know i'm gonna be let down
by the non resolved ending though.

CB-Art-01.jpg

it is one of the more demented shows ever made.

Its a bit like... the normal people in Carnivale are all those dudes out of Deliverance.
And then there are the wierdos... who live up in the mountains, and breed with themselves.

I sort of cultured a crush on yer one with the black hair throughout.
vert.carnivale.hbo.jpg

that scene at the end of Babylon...where you see the "harlot" in the window...
gosh! the mexican dancer has really weird boobs

Gissa job. Go on. Giss ih’, I’m here, go on. Giss ih’

12767-large.jpg

This is deadly shit altogether. Just watched all of it and the teleplay over the last week or so.

The teleplay is deadly although the two Irish lads are wankers playing wankers.

Favourite episode of the series is the last one. The final scenes in the pub are horrific. Shake Hands.

the last 3 episodes of "Life on Mars" series 1. Brilliant stuff. Series 2 en route. Might get to watch the whole series before "Ashes to Ashes" starts next week.

series 4 of the american version of "the office". great stuff, the two extended episodes were wonderful. i find it to be funnier, more charming and more interesting than the original UK version. the character development is wonderful, and secondary characters such as stanley and creed make the show shine brighter. the whole michael vs toby thing is intriguing, wonder where that is going...
where the hell are the dvd releases of series' 2 and 3 of this over here? long long loooooong overdue.

series 3 of "robot chicken". not as strong as series 2, but still fucking hilarious. why isn't this shown or available on dvd over here? its the best qualities of south park and family guy combined. plus m night "what a twist" shaylman is possibly the best comedy character in recent years.

series 6 (7 over here) of "family guy". it's still going strong, i see no drop of quality whatsoever.

Finished the Deadwood box set last night. Seasons 1,2 & 3

I was blown away by season one, season 2 was pretty good but some of the grotesques like EB Farnum and Jane started to get a bit irritating at that point.

Season 3 developed this great sense of impending disaster (definately at the loss of the momentlum the earlier seasons had) and then pifft. I felt a bit cheated by that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back