What television series are you currently making your way through? (23 Viewers)

I loved every minute of this. I thought the whole thing was really well paced and put together. different strokes.

This is good in a 'poor mans dark' kinda way..

Looking forward to this. I saw people were disappointed it's not getting a second season but I think that's a good thing. Tell the story and be done with it. Thre is no need to drag the arse out of it.(looking at you Stranger Things)

Speaking of another series that should have wound up a while back, I'm disappointed with the latest Bosch Legacy Season 2

The stories always veer towards the unlikely but now it's just silly

Bodies was average to ok but that
stupid last scene was just fuckin stupeh

Also

we need to stop the bad guy!! Let’s use our FUCKING TIME MACHINE to send someone back who CAN’T WALK so they can try to talk him out of it?

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. I saw people were disappointed it's not getting a second season but I think that's a good thing.
not when
they stick in a completely pointless cliffhanger-style ending on their "ONE AND DONE" "LIMITED SERIES"
i mean for fucks sake, lad

"We went to Netflix like 'This is one series, this is a one and done, we wanna close this off' because I think when you have such an amazing concept up front, you [expletive] your audience off if you don't solve it," he said. "As the viewer, I hate it when you get this amazing thing. And at the end it's like, 'Duh, duh, duh,' and you're like 'Right so I've got to wait a year and a half.'

"I think it's a duty to an audience with something that's this propulsive as a story concept to end it and solve it. So we really wanted you to feel that you'd seen the red curtain at the end. That being said, when you see the back end, there's certainly a dot dot dot. But the premise that the show sets comes to an end.

Watching a show called Lodge 49, on the recommendation of someone on a podcast I listen to.. It got 2 seasons in 2018-19 before being cancelled, Wyatt Russell (son of Kurt & Goldie Hawn) plays the lead character, as an amiable somewhat dopey 30-something guy whose life has gone into drift after the death of his father & a serious injury he has suffered. He stumbles across a masonic type 'secret' society and joins it out of desperation, hi-jinx ensue as he gets to know the various members and mysteries behind the organization.. Meanwhile his sister is trying to revive her career after similarly going off the rails. It's a good watch, quite funny while also being humane and bittersweet, along with the zanier occult stuff there's also quite a good depiction of people struggling at the lower end of the corporate grind.

Bodies was average to ok but that
stupid last scene was just fuckin stupeh

Also

we need to stop the bad guy!! Let’s use our FUCKING TIME MACHINE to send someone back who CAN’T WALK so they can try to talk him out of it?

not when
they stick in a completely pointless cliffhanger-style ending on their "ONE AND DONE" "LIMITED SERIES"
i mean for fucks sake, lad

"We went to Netflix like 'This is one series, this is a one and done, we wanna close this off' because I think when you have such an amazing concept up front, you [expletive] your audience off if you don't solve it," he said. "As the viewer, I hate it when you get this amazing thing. And at the end it's like, 'Duh, duh, duh,' and you're like 'Right so I've got to wait a year and a half.'

"I think it's a duty to an audience with something that's this propulsive as a story concept to end it and solve it. So we really wanted you to feel that you'd seen the red curtain at the end. That being said, when you see the back end, there's certainly a dot dot dot. But the premise that the show sets comes to an end.

I finished watching this last night. You're 100% right.

I've been watching Portuguese-Spanish show Dry Water. It's on TG4 player.
It's a slow-burn thriller about arms smuggling out of Vigo port. Really well done, I think it's up there at The Bridge kind of level. It kind of reminds me of a cross between The Bridge and Spiral, I guess, it definitely has that noir feel about it anyway.
This was really good. Couple of moments of silliness, but overall really well put together. The cops in it were really excellently done, smart enough to always be on the verge of an arrest and not falling for obvious plants, but never having the exact information they need to make the breakthrough. They're kind of like if the Spiral cops didn't just go around breaking the law themselves all the time

I was watching a history documentary over the past two days (youtube of course).
I tend to watch them to fall asleep these days i don't care a lot about the details, and i'll usually read the comments for the craic after.
Anywhoo in this case the top few comments pretty much debunked the two main points they setup the piece on, which i then backchecked and indeed they comments were correct and the documentary misleading. -- I'd kinda always suspected that particular channel was bockety if not a little political - and the titles were pretty questionable in this case on the topic of race...

Anywhoo gonna have to go looking for something else to fall asleep to now.

Finished Time S2.

This didn't land for me as much as season one. Maybe I'm just not empathetic enough, but the three main characters were just each not very nice.

Obviously in season one Sean Beans character had done awful things, but I could eh, understand that better shall we say. So maybe that's just me.

You should definitely watch S1.

The Morning Show.

I'm having great crack watching this with me mot.

Jennifer Aniston is fucking useless

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cormcolash
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back