What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

Finished Foundation S02 there

It could have been so good if every single scene featuring Harry Seldon was cut out, without exception. Does anyone think he's good? I'd also get rid of that annoying girl who is younger than her daughter.

It could have been so good if every single scene featuring Harry Seldon was cut out, without exception. Does anyone think he's good? I'd also get rid of that annoying girl who is younger than her daughter.
Oh, that is handy to know about

Might download that to have for teh winter

Did you enjoy it?

Yeah I like it but find the Hari stuff boring and confusing. The guy who plays Day is good. Very blessed in the handsomeness dept.

watched the first two episodes of Rabbit Hole last night. I'll admit they got me on the premise

it's kiefer sutherland and he's being jack bauer again - OR IS HE? - and he's doing conspiracy stuff, and he's being framed and he can't trust anyone - OR CAN HE? - and people are dead - OR ARE THEY? - and there's heisty stuff and shooty stuff and some "look at how easy it is to social engineer people", and some strangely pointless - OR IS IT? -Tesla product placement that kind of goes nowhere - OR DOES IT? - and more than the necessary amount of DUN DUN DUNNNNN twist within a twist reveals.

This IMDB review gets it right, right up until the last sentence

so yeah i'll probably watch the rest of it

The addition of Charles Dance has greatly improved the situation. Still a bit hokey.

Ok finished watching this last week. Overall? Not great. Everything I already said, plus they wasted Robocop. IN FAIRNESS despite everything I previously said about the whole “…OR ARE THEY???!!?!?” element of the show, the last episode still managed to pull off a *completely* unexpected and really well done twist. 6/10.

Cancelled.

I've been watching Portuguese-Spanish show Dry Water. It's on TG4 player.
It's a slow-burn thriller about arms smuggling out of Vigo port. Really well done, I think it's up there at The Bridge kind of level. It kind of reminds me of a cross between The Bridge and Spiral, I guess, it definitely has that noir feel about it anyway.

The Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix. Mike Flanagan's adaptation of a bunch of Poe stories. Fantastic as ever from the big man.
every episode was like

nothing happened
nothing happened
nothing happened
BANG SOMETHING HUGE HAPPENS
end

but it was consistent quality overall

and

its not that often you see Wexford winning anything so there's that

every episode was like

nothing happened
nothing happened
nothing happened
BANG SOMETHING HUGE HAPPENS
end

but it was consistent quality overall

and

its not that often you see Wexford winning anything so there's that
I thought this got really bad and I switched off about 3 episodes from the end. Terrible characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back