What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

After seeing a recommendation on here I'm on episode 9 of 10 of John from Cincinnati. It is so, so good. I have no idea what's going on but unlike, say, the ultimately unrewarding experience of watching Lost, I've really enjoyed every single episode and have been dying to find out what happens next. Totally gutted the next one is the last one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrWZlh7DnBE

It's pretty much about the second coming of the Jesus.

After seeing a recommendation on here I'm on episode 9 of 10 of John from Cincinnati. It is so, so good. I have no idea what's going on but unlike, say, the ultimately unrewarding experience of watching Lost, I've really enjoyed every single episode and have been dying to find out what happens next. Totally gutted the next one is the last one.

Normally I fucking hate magical realism but I really love this - I think because it's also really funny. Even Luke Perry is good in it. It also love the credits, I could watch it over and over:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrWZlh7DnBE

Its good - its amazing how much the dialogue is similar in style to Deadwood - i know its the same writer but I was thinking that those long winded bits of retoric were more to the 19th century Wild West setting rather than the writers style......

Its good - its amazing how much the dialogue is similar in style to Deadwood - i know its the same writer but I was thinking that those long winded bits of retoric were more to the 19th century Wild West setting rather than the writers style......

I love how theatrical it is - the way all the action takes place in the same few locations. Someone will be standing there expositing to themselves and someone else will drive up/off. Exeunt.

30-rock.jpg

Season 1 - Sublime

Season 2 - hmmmmmmm

Season 3 - blurgh.

rome-thumb.jpg

amazing. pure filth. the intro is a thing of joy as well. not sure why that woman's nipple is highlighted in an inset though.

Normally I fucking hate magical realism but I really love this - I think because it's also really funny. Even Luke Perry is good in it. It also love the credits, I could watch it over and over: YouTube- John From Cincinnati Opening Credits

I watched all of this over the last couple of weeks after reading the recommendations on here. Very interesting show, equal parts excellent and infuriating I'd say. The characters, dialogue, and overall atmosphere of it are brilliant but the plot seemed to be ambling nowhere in particular and you get the sense that even the writers only had a vague idea what was really supposed to be going on. Very funny in places, e.g. Ed O Neill's character interacting with the old mobster guy, and John's parroted expressions- "I'm going to bone you, Kai!". The grandmother Cissy was almost unbearable though, wanted to switch off everytime she got into one of her screeching tirades. It'd be interesting to know where they planned on taking it if they got a second season.

The grandmother Cissy was almost unbearable though, wanted to switch off everytime she got into one of her screeching tirades. It'd be interesting to know where they planned on taking it if they got a second season.

I thought Cissy was hilarious! The way she just constantly went absolutely apeshit was great and must have been so much fun to act. I watched a few 'special features' type things on YouTube (maybe DVD extras?) and it seems to me like they had absolutely no idea where it was going at all and improvised half of it - the stuff with the Avon catalogue, the stuffed biker bear, the stairwell in Ed O'Neill's gaff was all made up the day of or day before shooting. It's probably just as well it got cancelled TBH. Watched a few interviews with David Milch as well. He seems like an absolute tool of the highest order.

I've just finished all the previous seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia after reading recommendations on here. So, so good, especially anything involving Charlie. "The Nightman Cometh" nearly killed me. Interesting that the main writer/creator doesn't necessarily give himself all the best material and the show is all the better for it.

I've just finished all the previous seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia after reading recommendations on here. So, so good, especially anything involving Charlie. "The Nightman Cometh" nearly killed me. Interesting that the main writer/creator doesn't necessarily give himself all the best material and the show is all the better for it.

The night man cometh is amazing. Charlie's blind date is the best bit of the last series.

damages-season-2.jpg

it's a bit hokey but it's worth it for the lovely Rose Byrne and the fact that Ted Danson is AMAZING in it.

actually, Rose Byrne got incredibly thin in series two so she's not that lovely

Does It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia get any better after the first season? Was pretty unimpressed with that.

It does, very much so. The Nightman Cometh is amazing telly!! They actually perform it on stage in its entirety as well!

Just started on Star Stories. Some of it is very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back