What television series are you currently making your way through? (7 Viewers)

Up to episode 4 of True Blood. Highly enjoyable hokum so far ...

Monk_diner_1024.jpg

season 1, light hearted, slightly annoying fun.

Really good, except for right at the end, when it frankly, just get's silly and implausible.

KILLPOINTLGFDVDSET.jpg

Season 4 of Battlestar Gallactia arived from Amazon yesterday - if episode 1 is anything to go by this could be a bit shit compared to 1, 2 & 3

I'm most of the way through House S3

And just started into Breaking Bad - which is great.

Really good, except for right at the end, when it frankly, just get's silly and implausible.

Agreed - started of well but went down hill after a few episodes..

I'm watching an episode of the original ADDAMS FAMILY with the GF before work.

Starting in on the Original series of Outer Limits too (got the complete box set for $20 dollars).

Going to start watching TWIN PEAKS again with my GF. She has never seen it and I haven't since it first aired. I hope it doesn't dissapoint - i don't think it will.

The Complete SWEENEY (and the 2 films) are in the post too...I am very tempted to get the complete 9 seasons of Tales of the Unexpected from amazon as the Sterling is so weak..

started watching six feet under series 5 again yesterday cos was at home sick. soooo good. must rewatch the entire thing but maybe skip the 3rd season.

Just finished US Office season 2. Brilliant.

I just finished watching Seasons 1 to 3. So good. Steve Carell is excellent and it manages to stay just inside the bounds of realism. I'm pretty sure everyone worked with a Mike, Dwight, Jim, Angela etc. at some stage, just not all at once, although I did come close in one former employer.

I hated the UK Office, it was so overdone and obnoxious.

Dying to watch Season 4 now.

I just finished watching Seasons 1 to 3. So good. Steve Carell is excellent and it manages to stay just inside the bounds of realism. I'm pretty sure everyone worked with a Mike, Dwight, Jim, Angela etc. at some stage, just not all at once, although I did come close in one former employer.

I hated the UK Office, it was so overdone and obnoxious.

Dying to watch Season 4 now.

The UK Office is unwatchable, I could never understand why people liked it so much.

The US is so much better.

Better observed and more realistic, not as mean spirited. I think the best thing about it is, that Michael, despite being a complete buffoon, is allowed the odd win.

The UK Office is unwatchable, I could never understand why people liked it so much.

The US is so much better.

Better observed and more realistic, not as mean spirited. I think the best thing about it is, that Michael, despite being a complete buffoon, is allowed the odd win.

I don't think I ever managed to watch a complete episode of the UK Office. The only good thing about it is that it spawned the US version :D

Michael's a sympathetic caracter too. He's well meaning, if completely misguided. Such a good ensemble comedy. I like the subtlety of some of the humour too.

Once again, comparing the American Office, where a single season is considerably longer than the entire output of the Uk Office, is absolutely insipid.

But i'm just being defensive because I think they're both great.

Once again, comparing the American Office, where a single season is considerably longer than the entire output of the Uk Office, is absolutely insipid.

Everyone has different taste. Personally I couldn't enjoy any of the UK Office, while I enjoyed the US Office from the very beginning.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for an insipid comparasion :rolleyes:

The problem with the UK office is that you can't just dump on your characters the whole time and expect the end resut to be watchable, it's just too grim.

Brent has humiliation after humiliation heaped on him, in the end it's tiresome.

If you look in contrast at the episode of the US office where they go on the booze cruise, Scoot still fucks everything up but still it works out in the end and you see a sympathetic side to him.

heh, insipid gets results.

I do disagree with you though, I think the unrelenting grimness works great in two series of six episodes. I find it very watchable.

If the UK office had continued I don't think it would have been as good as the US office but it didn't so that doesn't matter.

me too. The UK one is by far and away the better of the 2 in my book. But the US one is great as well.

I watched the first 3 seasons there after xmas and loved them (had seen most already). I caught one on telly the other night from whatever the most recent series is and it was awful. Hopefully they're not all that bad in season 4 or 5 or whatever we're at now.

I'm making my first attempt at the Wire. Saw the first episode last night. Good but not great. It was enough to get me curious though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back