What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

recently finished watching "underbelly", a gripping aussie crime drama based on an actual ten year mob war in melbourne. the first couple of episodes might suggest a low rent version of the sopranos but it becomes a very good series. it starts tonight at ten on F/X.

After recovering from a month of intensive obsession with The Wire, (an astonishing achievement of a show), I finished off the full run of The Larry Sanders Show the other night, which makes me sad. Absolutely fantastic programme. The big three (Sanders, Hank and Artie) are some of the best comic characters on television ever. Absolute travesty it's never been properly released on DVD.

Also have worked my way through all the episodes of Outnumbered broadcast thus far. It's a lovely little show. A sitcom on BBC1 with proper laugh out loud moments, great performances and no end of charm? Shocker. It's great, unassuming, unpretentious stuff. And the 6 year old daughter is absolutely fantastic, the undoubted star of the show. The fact that the kids largely improvise their lines is amazing.

Next on the downloaded but not yet watched list: A load of Mr. Show episodes, the remainder of Freaks and Geeks and The Corner, which has loads of the Wire actors in it, and thus feels very strange.

Going through the Sopranos from scratch again, which is a joy.
Only now latched on to Life on Mars, and I'd imagine it has its fair share of detractors but I think it's great!

Well I just finished The Wire S1. I'm very slow on the uptake.
I went ahead and Wikipedia'd the feck out of Baltimore, 2nd highest per capita murder rate in the US mother fuckers.

Anyway, yeah. starting on S2. I'm hooked I guess.

oh yeah I watched Mad Men Series 1 and enjoyed it a lot more than the Wire series 1

Well I just finished The Wire S1. I'm very slow on the uptake.
I went ahead and Wikipedia'd the feck out of Baltimore, 2nd highest per capita murder rate in the US mother fuckers.

Anyway, yeah. starting on S2. I'm hooked I guess.

God I wrecked The Wire for myself by going and reading about it before I had it all watched.

By the end of S5 you'll be reading the Baltimore Sun website like the rest of us washed up Wire junkies with nothing left to amuse us.

Just finished THE SHIELD...now that that its over theres an empty void in me :) I think The Wire was prolly a better written series but The Shield was such an over the top roller coaster..I loved it..

Sons of Anarchy just finished up. Completely unrealistic trash but I still kinda liked it..

Making my way thru ROME again with my GF. Going to watch DEADWOOD with her after that...

Still watching an episode of the Tomorrow People before I go to work in the morning..

I just got THRILLER - the entire series and my mate just brought me back THE HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR. So I've a lot to get thru there.

Just finished Deadwood

Real shame it's over though the third series was a bit hit and miss I reckon- too much time given to those annoying theatre people, not enough Swearingen. And Sheriff Bullock's permanent cartoon angry face got very annoying .

series 1 of spooks. quite slick and enjoyable with a pretty gruesome end for a major character in the second episode.

Dunno what to class short films as but since most of them are shorter than your average 40 minute tv show i'll put it in here

51zXYUT7Z3L._SS500_.jpg

it's amazing how much funnier and more clever the stuff he directs is than Fatty Arbuckle's, actually lolling rather than simply being impressed by the physical comedy

I hope this is all ok with user: pram stroker

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back