What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

I almost finished season 4 of The Wire last night.

My downloaded final episode was missing the last 20 minutes. Annoying.

finished disc 1 of The Prisoner there - epsiodes 1-4
there are only 17 episodes.

was looking at the dangerman series 1 box set yesterday - its only 40 notes.

finished disc 1 of The Prisoner there - epsiodes 1-4
there are only 17 episodes.

was looking at the dangerman series 1 box set yesterday - its only 40 notes.

are you referring to the Network sets?

I have The Prisoner Carlton one.

Network's Danger Man box consists of the 47 long episodes [50 minutes]. Doesn't include the preceeding 39 short episodes [25 minutes]

where is it €40?

are you referring to the Network sets?

I have The Prisoner Carlton one.

Network's Danger Man box consists of the 47 long episodes [50 minutes]. Doesn't include the preceeding 39 short episodes [25 minutes]

where is it €40?

not sure on exact details - but i read on the back it was 39 episodes cus i remember thinking it was a bargain euro per episode.
It was in Zhivago Records in Galway!
probably pick it up after work.

not sure on exact details - but i read on the back it was 39 episodes cus i remember thinking it was a bargain euro per episode.
It was in Zhivago Records in Galway!
probably pick it up after work.

I'd say it's this one.
Deleted a few years. Goes for a lot more than the GBP equivalent of €40.

41PTKR85TDL._SS500_.jpg

I've only really gotten into one tv show in the last couple of years, that would be the x files. Lost, the sopranos, CSI and all the rest have passed me by....oh well

Just finished Series 4 of The Wire.

I'm a bit disappointed.
I really missed having an overall investigative story arc.
And S4 really is way bleaker than the preceeding 3 - unremittingly grim, especially with the schoolkids.
And ***** gone - say it ain't so - the soul of the programme.

Now, Nailer, I know you know what a spoiler is. I'm on Episode 4 of season 4, so thanks for that!

breaking bad - the dad from malcolm in the middle is a chemistry teacher, who finds out he has cancer and starts making crystal meth to pay for his treatment. very slow dark comedy. only seven episodes is season one. great show. i hope it gets renewed.

actually also managed to sit through the first four episodes of the return of jezebel james. i love parker posey, but even she can't make the story/dialogue work. the gilmore girls writer let us down big time.

Now, Nailer, I know you know what a spoiler is. I'm on Episode 4 of season 4, so thanks for that!

Disappointed with Season 4?
Holy fuck. Season 4 of the Wire is about the harshest fucking thing I have seen on TV for a long time.

I regularly finish the episode and just sit there, thinking fuck me I am blessed. And the credits roll through, and I process it for a while.
And then, almost every episode, I sit there thinking about how leak life can be.

And then I think my missus, who deals with almost exactly these kids day in day out, is amazing.

(remember when we didnt do our homework, we made up stories, well... one of her kids didn't have their books or work done, and her excuse was "her Da was kidnapped, and they might shoot him". Lads came into the house, and dragged off the old man, and then told them he would be shot unless something or other happened. One of her kids (14) killed herself jumping from a 20 story building. One of the kids Ma was found with her throat cut open, tongue pulled out, and tied around her neck.
The USA. Its a harsh place at times.)

just finished two tonight... it's gonna take all my might to resist running downtown to buy season three tomorrow. tomorrow morning. at nine a.m. addictive shit.

Its amazing stuff alright.

The only thing I have to decide for the next round of Christmas / Birthday presents is : Season 1 or Boxette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back