What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

well, it was valentine's day after all! back when everyone though leo di craprio could act.beginners luck isuppose, coz he was really good in it.

(not a movie, as such, i know)
B000BHAOAS.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

live performances, a documentary filmed in their native romania, and interviews. this is fucking breathtaking stuff which will astonish and mesmerize anyone with any serious interest in music performance of any kind. these musicians are not only the best technically and most skillful i have ever seen or heard, but their musical tightness as a group is simply jaw-dropping. and thats not even mentioning how incredibly soulfull their songs are.

'Tideland'

A bit slow to begin with, but it's a really accomplished film and IMHO, one of Gilliam's best. Deals with some pretty tricky subject matter and imagery extremely well. The kid who plays the girl is fantastic too.

just saw hot fuzz. dissapointing, nowhere near as good as shaun of the dead, and the last 10mins were rediculusly ott, like they had run out of gags, and were just putting all those sequences to fill the time.

Starship Troopers....hadn't seen it for a couple of years and still holds up.
Loved everything about this film...... Paul Verhoeven the director has his stamp all over this film...by coincidence after it on E4 was the 100 sexiest scenes in film history and he was involved with 2 films! Basic Instinct and the famous crossing the legs scene and another film whose name has escaped me since last nite!!

Last night I watched 'Kicking and Screaming', the debut Noah Baumbach film. Much better than Mr. Jealousy. Some lovely Jimmy Dale Gilmore songs being played on that bar's jukebox (it only plays country songs). Wouldn't it be great if Eric Stoltz was your local bartender? Chris Eigeman the funniest actor to ever appear in American indies again here providing the laughs. Great opening scene. I still can't help feeling it's a little on the slight side put the tone and general feel of it still sits with me today. Nothing is really going to follow 'Wiseblood' in a cinema though.
Tonight I watched 'Mighty Aphrodite' which wasn't as good as I remember, but worked as a nice bit of escapism.

saw half nelson last night..so so good..shot in the weirdest way but just brilliant..

watched the devil wears prada this afternoon and am now starting to watch the notebook cos im in the mood for a big cry and half nelson reminded me how deadly an actor ryan gosling was..

also watched the entire season 6 of the gilmore girls in the last 4 days..good times..

babel.
felt the seperate story threads didnt work at all, it seemed too sparse and scenes had a tendency to drag on. there was a vague connection made in the struggles and narratives but overall it just didnt sit well.
some gorgeous musical cues in the film and the final shot was just amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back